MPM 1/72 Spitfire PR XI

This is the PRU Spitfire I built for the SEAC group build.This was my first attempt at a limited run kit and i really enjoyed it even though it took me twice as long as normal to make.

The original looked like this.

PRUSPIT.jpg

My take on it is this.

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1186.jpgIMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed making it.Feel free to comment on it.Good or bad it all helps the learning curve.

That's looking pretty sweet, Tizzy. Nice job, and nicely weathered, too.

I've got a couple in the stash, and they look challenging.

The PR XI is one of my favourite marks of Spit, too. Something about the longer Merlin nose, pointed spinner, retractable tailwheel and lack of cannon barrels is really appealing to me. The blue schemes probably help, too.

That's nice, that is.

I doubt that the PRXI is any more challenging than the PRXIX that MPM do, given that the former has many of the sprues from the latter. The only area where I had any problems with the XIX was the cockpit as the floor and bulkheads need a little shave down to get the fuselage halves to fit. Other than that, the airframe was a breeze to build.

To be honest the build is probably easy for someone with experience of limited builds and i learnt loads along the way.In fact it was probably a very good kit to gain experience on.The cockpit fit was rubbish and quite a bit of filler was needed on the wing to fuelage join but overall it was an enjoyable build.I'm building the Xtrakit Spitfire X11 next as i seem to have caught a Spitfire bug.