Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Mojo Restorer'.
Found 5 results
As already explained on my Albatross thread, mojo has been pretty low since Telford and it is only really today that I have felt like doing anything. Despite having a bench full of stuff to work on, I decided that a dedicated mojo restoring thread might help things along. I have always liked the film "They Who Dare", with the Lebanese Air Force Savoia Marchetti SM.79 aircraft being one of my favorite parts of the film. So, when I came across a dedicated decal sheet for Lebanese SM.79s at Telford, buying the sheet was a bit of a no brainer. I have a couple of Airfix kits of the type in the stash and over the years have collected the odd aftermarket set or two for the type. Thanks to the expertise of some other Britmodellers, a few outstanding queries regarding the Lebanese machines have been cleared up and I have even discovered that the correct paint, Bianco Avorio 5, is available This has duly been ordered. With the added bonus that I will be working using the old style Airfix "Locate and Cement" style instruction sheet (my favourite) and that the kit is one of my favourites from my childhood which will bring a large dollop of nostalgia to the build, there seems no good reason not to have a bash. So, with everything in place or on order let's have some fun...……. Thanks for looking Martian of the Lost Mojo
I started this kit in 2004 and put it aside after finishing the undercarriage. At that time other things got more important and so it was put on a long time hold. Now it is back on the workbench. The quality of the kit parts is still OK to me but some things had to be modified. I have separated the firewall from the seat and replaced them with more space in between. The Mirrors looked odd to me as well so I decided to rebuild them. Because I had no 2mm rod at home I drilled a 2mm hole in a scrap aluminium part where I pushed a melted sprue into it. Afterwards I drilled a hole for the wire into the new formed part an cut it off with a thin saw. Nice Sunday to everyone cheers Stephan
Hi A few months ago I bought a few of the new Airfix starter set kits as a method of kick starting my modelling mojo which has only rarely surfaced in the last few years. Emboldened by my recentish AZ Spitfire 16 and Airfix I, I started a twin build of the Mustang and Me109e. The 'Stang is now done and the 109 is not far behind. I have the Fw190 to do and I have now cut sprue on the Defiant. Add to this a 1/48 Hurricane I which is now painted up and ready to do as a Finnish example, you could say that Airfix have now got me back in the groove! Herewith the Mustang IV for your consideration. Upper surfaces were rattlecanned with Humbrol aerosols and underneath with the potlet of acrylic. Masking was courtesy of Tamiya Tape and is the first time I've done that. Fairly pleased with the result and it gave me confidence to do the same on the Hurricane. Out of the box except masking tape seat belts. A couple of caveats. Firstly the starboard eye fell off despite lashings of Decalfix and there is no aerial, as the kit provided an 'orrible blob. Enough words, here are the pix....... Compulsory shot of Allie's nose Maybe a bit of 'orange peel' effect with the rattle can matt varnish but I'll have to live with it Hope you like it. Trevor (and Allie)
So what had started as a mojo restorer after discussion in the 'losing interest' has spiralled slightly out of control. A 1/72 F-117... After looking for other quick builds in the stash and coming up empty, some impulse purchases were made with the help of ebay and also Mikemx at mjw models. These arrived with a load of brassin weapons for the tomcat saga which is having a well deserved Christmas break. For this Christmas break wip there will be several sporadic builds going on, all in this thread. And I'm trying to not document absolutely everything, less time building see. So there will be: Via ebay: italeri 1/72 nighthawk airfix 1/72 red arrows From mjw: All eduard, 1/48 bell x1 1/72 spitfire mk9c, mig 15, f6f-5N possibly more... stay tuned!
Before Telford I was modelling really well. I then picked up a very nasty bug at the show and have been feeling grotty ever since. Even though I have begun to feel better my modelling mojo seems to have disappeared, until now that is. The release of this kit has had me more pumped up than any since the 1/48 Sea Vixen from Airfix as there are a few Fleet Air Arm schemes that I have wanted to have a bash at for years. So, without further ado, it was off the the LMS to pick up a couple of kits that I had on order and out modelling tools. I plan to keep this one simple as the main object of the excersise here is to get something finished. I shall keep the other kit until I see what comes out in the way of brass etch and decal sheets, I can always get another two or three in if it turns out that I cannot wait for these. So, here is what I managed to get done this morning. Not a lot but it is a start! I have cleaned up the main airframe parts and glued most of the cockpit parts together. I shall add a little detail to the ejector seats and modify the radio equipment on the shelf behind them to represent the T22s as used by the Fleet Air Arm. I hopre to get this done this evenng. I will add navigation lights and brake lines for the undercarriage and that will be about all for this kit. Initial indications are that this kit is both accurate and fits together superbly well. At £7 I think it great value for money and Airfix deserve to sell an awful lot of these. Hopefully this build will spur me on to getting on and finishing my Gotha and getting the next big build underway. Thanks for looking Martin ]