72nd Typhoon, 6 Sqn

Tried my hand at copying custom decals from my own pics for the first time.

1-9.jpg

2-8.jpg

3-5.jpg

..and one of the originals from 6 Sqn curtain-raiser, Leuchars Sat 11/09/10..

3-4.jpg

The decals are thicker than new commercial types, but are pretty presentable. Most the work is done in resizing on the computer which I did by comparing with scans of commercial types for other squadrons.

And I still love building the RoG Typhoon.

A bit of time invested and The World`s your piece-box.

Feedback is appreciated. :cheers:

Cheers, Ian

they look good to me well done mate

Thanks Mark, appreciated. :thumbsup2:

They are really delicate printwise, even after using Microscale`s liquid decal film to lock in the print. Much contact whiles positioning the decal will damage the image so schlapping it nearly bang-on into position is recommended.

Basically; relatively thick film, delicate image- but does the job when nothing else will do.

It darkens a little so the original image must be brightened slightly (like paint when varnishing-in decals a couple of times).

But with an average/decent printer, the standard of decal achieved by anyone can be quite high.

Another bonus is that I now have an endless supply of serial numbers and letters.

Thanks again, Ian :drink:

The comments are very much appreciated gents. :thumbsup2:

Trying the same for the 32nd Tiffie but they're cack at the minute.

Gonna try getting a higher res pic square on to the shield then reduce using P/S

I can`t pretend it was right first-time for me, a lot of trial and error.

I thought that they`d be more suited to large scale models but the more I think about it you`re right in saying that the image will need to be higher res due to expanding the image to 32nd rather than contracting it to 72nd. Best of luck with this, I hope you don`t lose your rag as often as I did. :whistle:

Thanks again for the comments folks. :cheers:

Cheers, Ian