Super Etendard Colour question

I had a chat with the guys from 11F at the Yeovilton show in July 2007 and they let me measure up one of their jets at touching distance with an FS595B fan deck. Aircraft no.8 was FS36152 and FS36293. The greatly co-operative pilot was an exchange USN F-14 pilot.

IMG_3947.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3567.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

• Like 1

I have to say I like French planes more than their cars! I'm also glad to see that was an inert Exocet, you wouldn't want a live one going off by accident! We went to Yeovilton last year and the French had brought a Rafale with them but sadly weren't flying in the display. I would have much preferred if one of the 3 F-16's didn't display and the Rafale did.

I'm doing one each of the Heller and Academy Super Etendard's, one French and 1 Argentine. Same colours, just different markings.

thanks

Mike

I'm building the Heller one at the moment. There is no etch or resin with it. It's not a bad kit for it's age, I built the Airfix boxing of it when I was a kid and it's pretty much as I remember it. I will be building the Academy version very soon but what I can tell is that the Academy kit is much nicer looking in the box, with engraved panel lines and not much flash. If it's the same quality of engineering as other Academy kits I've built, then it will build up really nicely. Not sure thought which kit is more accurate though.

thanks

Mike