british airways Red Tail decals - airfix trident

woody37

Hi guys,

I have just bought a 1/144 airfix trident 1c off ebay, and planning on filling the windows in for easy and neatness.

Anyone know where I can get BA red tail decals from for a reasonable price ? The kit doesn't have window decals and they are ancient, so I guess won't be in great health too.

Checked two six and they don't have this listed. I could go with another livery, but want to stick with this if I can.

Cheers

Hi guys,

I have just bought a 1/144 airfix trident 1c off ebay, and planning on filling the windows in for easy and neatness.

Anyone know where I can get BA red tail decals from for a reasonable price ? The kit doesn't have window decals and they are ancient, so I guess won't be in great health too.

Checked two six and they don't have this listed. I could go with another livery, but want to stick with this if I can.

Cheers

Hi Woody37,

Might have to be a 'Home made' job!

Not to difficult to do the tail only potential probelm would be the 'British' on hte fuselage?

Difficult to mask for sure .

Should lok good once you do it though.

Adrian

There is a chance I can get the British and other relevant details from the set that came with the model. The parts I need are the window decals, but these can be got from any set, so I may get the BEA set.

This is my first time making more than one model at once, but it makes alot of sense doing airliners as I am spraying two at a time.

Have to say, I am pretty impressed with the trident from airfix. It would of been a challenge to use the clear bits, but using decals, this model is coming along nicely, in many ways better than the Minicraft 707 which was a pig to sand the nose and get it looking right.

Edited by woody37

Hi guys,

Cheers

Hi.

I am about to send the artwork for the Trident 1 & 2 to the printer so if you can wait about 3 weeks then they will be on the site ready to order :)

All the best

Ray

Well the Airfix decals went on very well, really impressed with them. As a result, I only need the window and cockpit decals, so I guess I can be my usual impatient self and get any Trident 1 decal set from Ray that has them.

As I only need the windows, does anyone else need some trident decals ? I will order that set (Trident 1) and give the rest to who ever would like them.

Neil

Well the Airfix decals went on very well, really impressed with them. As a result, I only need the window and cockpit decals, so I guess I can be my usual impatient self and get any Trident 1 decal set from Ray that has them.

As I only need the windows, does anyone else need some trident decals ? I will order that set (Trident 1) and give the rest to who ever would like them.

Neil

I can do you a laser printed set to save you buying a whole decal :)

Cheers

Ray

I can do you a laser printed set to save you buying a whole decal :)

Cheers

Ray

Hi Ray,

That sounds great. What are the differences between laser and screen ?

I will PM you now,

Thanks

Neil