This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

SeanM    1,221
Posted (edited)

Don't know why I decided on such madness but I'm building 4 modern Russian anti-aircraft systems in parallel. The kits are:
Meng Shilka - beautiful kit with workable tracks but clean-up of the spruce attachments on each link has to be exact for them to connect.
Trumpeter SAM-6 - simple kit, nice missiles. Link&length tracks though. Not a fan of them from when I build one years ago. Will replace these.
Panda Tunguska - horrible kit. POOR fit of parts and really overdone with tiny bits. Non workable individual link tracks. Might replace these too
Panda TOR - such an improvement over the Tunguska. Very detailed radar that went together very well. Also has individual workable tracks

36143267690_28e0278060_b.jpgSoviet AAA

36539806135_635533cca1_b.jpgSoviet AAA

Currently on the process of priming them all. Each will get a different colour scheme just undecided on which ones yet....

Edited by SeanM
Bad link

Antoine    1,204

Nice idea!

I've just updated my "to buy" list with an SA-4, SA-8 and SA-13.

SeanM    1,221
Posted (edited)

SA-8 AND SA-13 are possible future additions but have you ever seen anything as ugly as that SA-4? 😂 SA-2 Is another I'd like to add sometime. But first to finish these 4. I have a great track record of starting projects, not so good at finishing.....

EDIT: Have the SA-9 also in the collection

Edited by SeanM

Gremlin56    5,820

Lovely selection of triple A Sean, the Russian material is always so amazingly industrial to look at. Built for a single purpose with no ribbons and bows.

:yes:

SeanM    1,221

I got both sets of Meng/AK paints for Modern Russian Armour and I have to say they do spray very nicely.

35847955223_a9f7ecfda2_z.jpgRussian AAA

All 4 vehicles have now got their base colour. I'm using the schemes in the Meng Shilka booklet for 3 of them. It may not be 100% accurate but they look good and that's good enough for me.

36657313475_7bd2a7ba07_k.jpgRussian AAA

35847958073_bb5a92a081_k.jpgRussian AAA

36657311435_930bc62ddc_k.jpgRussian AAA

The Tunguska will get an Artic scheme with black and grey stripes

35822556274_cbce3a9890_k.jpgRussian AAA

I hope to get a good bit of the camo painting done over this weekend

FrancisGL    1,711

As I said before, how much work, some must be magnificent once camouflaged, because they are very interesting vehicles ...:popcorn:

Cheers Sean :thumbsup2: