Red Arrows crash, Welton, Lincolnshire, November 1987.

RMP2

Does anyone have any info on this crash?

I have a couple of pieces from one (if two went down) from this incident and would like to know a little more about it, the interweb seems a bit scarce on details.

The story I got, as I remember it - I was only 10 years old at the time - was that two Reds collided, crew got out ok, one aircraft went down into some houses and the other into a field. The parts I have had a lot of mud stuck to them so a field could be right for these, but so would a flower bed...

It would be great to know the pilots names, serial numbers of the aircraft and any information about the incident in general.

Here are the pieces I have, but Im curious about the smaller bit, is that actually Red Arrow? The badge that it appears to be a part of doesnt look familiar to me.

P1010878%20Large.jpg

P1010879%20Large.jpg

My brother was given a pretty complete nosewheel and leg from the crash, but that disappeared after we got the shock absorber (I think it was the shock anyway) opened up in his bedroom and the oil from it leaked through into the kitchen below. Mum wasnt impressed at all.

Brilliant, thank you very much!

I guess my Google skills are lacking. That or you guys are very much on the ball in here.

Ah, so its part of the CFS crest.

Sorted. Again, thank you very much.

Thats all of my aircraft related bits identified quickly and accurately by you guys, taken me years of wondering, asking and searching. Im trying to think if I have anything else now. :)