So..im at the stage where...

Discodaz

My tornado isn't too far from completion..all the spraying of paint is done.

I bought a panel line pen today..well,a lie really.i went to the stationers and bought a 0.1 tip black ink pen.this is fine enough but I went out of line a couple of times so,can't remove the error without touching up the paint...pen abandond

So,im thinking of using a wash to do panel lines.my question is..what do I use to seal the paint first so I can wipe away errors that may occur.

Ive sprayed the model with enamels.ive heard you can use a floor cleaning product?

It could be that ive gone about this all the wrong way,I dunno.

All I do know is im terrified of ruining the model using the panel line pen

Help?

Daz

Edited by Discodaz

An alternative thought ...

You were going to draw in the panel lines with a black pen. They certainly would have stood out, but they'd have been very stark. If you get a 0.3mm technical pencil and a set of 3B leads, you can draw the lines in just as easily and they'll be nice and obvious without overdoing it. And if you overshoot the line, you can remove the marks with an eraser. 0.3mm is bigger than you were using, of course, but if you scrub the tip of the pencil you can hone it to even finer than 0.1mm.

There'a an almost endless supply of information on this subject. "How to use panel washes" gets over 91m hits on Google so try it and pick your favourite! Search You Tube as well - there's a free Humbrol channel that's full of quick and useful videos.

Good luck,

Roger

There'a an almost endless supply of information on this subject. "How to use panel washes" gets over 91m hits on Google so try it and pick your favourite! Search You Tube as well - there's a free Humbrol channel that's full of quick and useful videos.

Good luck,

Roger

I guess there is Google,but forgive me for being a moron,surely a forum dedicated to modelling would be the wiser way to find the info.after all,there may be a billion google hits on it but how many are from people that know what they are doing?

Not being funny just incase this sounds off in any way,not intended I assure you..

Thanks for the advice guys,as always,it's appreciated

Daz

Here's a good article on Future - http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

Video here on a really easy introduction to using a wash -

Can either use Phil Florys Washes or Ultimate Modelling Products wash. The latter is a copy of the former I believe. They're a water based wash that use clay for the pigment, very easy to work with.