This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here:

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

  • Announcements

    • Mike

      Ongoing DDoS Attack causing Forum Slowness   26/04/17

      In case you have missed the announcement, the reason that the forum has been slow at times since the minor version update the other day is due to a Denial of Service attack, brute force attack on our email, and judging by the lag with our FTP response, that too.  If you're feeling like you're experiencing a glitch in the Matrix, you're not wrong.  This is the same MO as the attack in September 2016 that occurred when we transitioned to the new version 4 of the software.  We're currently working with US and UK cyber-crime departments, who specialise in this sort of thing, and we're hopeful that we'll be able to track them down this time by using the accumulated evidence already held.    We are pretty certain that it's a continuation of the same attack last year, only at a reduced intensity to deter people from using the site "because it's terribly slow", rather than taking it down completely, and we're also sure of the motivations of those responsible.  Spite.   Please bear with us in the interim, and wish us luck in dealing with these.... "people".


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2,047 Excellent

About simmerit

  • Rank
    Very Obsessed Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

1,002 profile views
  1. Crisp's progress on his build has embarrassed me into action. I've been hiding behind the worky thing for weeks, but it is a bit frantic.. Sat in here are the bits I need to cast to finish the aerial that runs along the side of the Wokka. I've had a mental block and cant seem to get my head into gear re mixing the silicone for some reason, but I'm about to crack on
  2. Those rivets look absolutely stunning as does the whole build. You are embarrassing me into pressing on with the Wokka. I've been looking at a lego case with 3 parts in the bottom trying to pluck up the energy to start again. Amazing build
  3. Great book - I remember it now you've dug the title out. Absolutely class + he was gen also, so a different read to the Sven H books which are obviously entertaining war book/tales for bored bill oddies. I shall dig my copy out an dust off the cover
  4. Bit busy on the worky thing at the minute. Normal service will resume at some point soon.....................
  5. Mandatory reading for 18 yer olds and above. Tiny, Porter, the Old Man. I cant remember the rest of em. I have them all in the loft still. There was another absolute classic as well about a French lad with a German father that ended up in the Gross Deutschland - cant remember the name now. Ace read. Guy Sajer was the bloke
  6. They were amazing, thank you. The mrs did the roast. She's not bad at a Sunday roast, but blokes make the best scran IMHO. That's the hoist done now apart from the hook - I havent got one for it, which is a bit of a probem
  7. That's the first two off the snag list. About to make Yorkshire Puds, so that's me downing tools for a bit
  8. Here's the list to get me to priming it. Not much to go lads... A bit gutted edwood dont supply two etch covers for those panels I had to cut out at the top of the front pylon. Very strange. Anyway - one with no cover. I cant see that being the end of the world. About to have a crack at making the oval shaped mounts for these 5 of them to do and one very large one to make. One with puppy proofing part of the front that backs onto the single track. A bit of a thankless task given its about 350ms long!
  9. Just chopping off these now. I cut two off previously, but just spotted there are only 5 on the Wokka and not the 6 that are left, + they are the wrong shape and in the wrong position. Other than that, the ones on the model are great!!
  10. So A little over enthusiastic with the needle file on both sides, but that's those done. Another one off the list
  11. I'll struggle with that one as its going to supported on two clear rods as it hovers about a 105 and a Pinz that the loadies are hooking up. That's the plan anyway!! Eventually!!!!!!
  12. All cammed up mate. Its black tie tomorrow night. I've no doubt someone will shout 'waiter'. Flew up from Lutonski airport this morning and I was stopped by Immigration & Nationality after I cleared the scanners. They said they in a firm and assertive voice 'wait here - we want to talk to you about you movements, where you are going and your employment position in the UK'. I says in my best Sunderland accent 'yep no worries but I'm in a rush like as I'm flying up to Edinburgh'. 'Ah - sorry' they says as they preyed for the ground to open up and swallow them. 'No offence meant'. Class
  13. If its elephants being painted on the rear pylon, I've probably got some snaps taken whist it was being done. I've got a library of Chinook snaps that is absolutely mahoosive!
  14. managed to only get half an hour in last night, and re-positioned these bits from the all round defence system, and got that bit (god knows what it does) stuck on the centre of the pylon, just above the glass That's me off the air now til the weekend as I'm now ensconced in an exceptionally swanky room in an exceptionally swanky hotel in an exceptionally swanky location in Jockland as I'm at a conference for three days. Its Public Sector stuff. How the other half live - I can tell you. Just saying.....