1/48 Sea Hawk

OzH

Here's another running project.

Trumpeters 1/48 Sea Hawk with Eduard pre-painted, stick on etch (I know its ‘cheating’!). So far no problems with construction. The etch is a little ‘green’ where I think it should be black, but otherwise no problem.

seahawk1.jpg

Decals are from the Model Alliance HMS Ark Royal set, they went on a dream.

seahawk.jpg

Next, some of Phil’s modelling wash…

Looks lovely. I've wanted a 1/48 Sea Hawk for a long time, and Trumpy delivers. It may be the one that gets me to buy one of their kits.

BUT..... there seems to be a never ending stream of complaints about Trumpeter kits, for one reason or another. The latest I've read is that the gear legs on their 1/32 Corsair are grossly over long. This sort of thing worries me when you consider their cost.

Do you see any such problems or neglect with the Sea Hawk?

Looks lovely. I've wanted a 1/48 Sea Hawk for a long time, and Trumpy delivers. It may be the one that gets me to buy one of their kits.

BUT..... there seems to be a never ending stream of complaints about Trumpeter kits, for one reason or another. The latest I've read is that the gear legs on their 1/32 Corsair are grossly over long. This sort of thing worries me when you consider their cost.

Do you see any such problems or neglect with the Sea Hawk?

Thanks for the comment.

As far as the kit is concerned I have had no complaints. The nose wheel leg is molded in place, and I've nearly broken it a few times, other than that, no problems. The kit does come with some phot etch for the IP, but I bought the Eduard kit and as stated above the Pavla (I think) seat. As lovely as the seat is, I think with the kit seat and the Eduard set, you could easly get by.

This is the one and only Trumpy kit in my stash, so am unable to comment on others.

Keep an eye out on ebay, I've seen them go for as little as £16 (what I paid for mine!), if not youre looking at about £20 plus another £10 for the Eduard set, not unreasonable in this day and age.

Here’s some progress shots of my Sea Hawk now washed with Phil’s wash. I used the dark on the Sky but the dark didn’t show up to well on the EDSG so I used the light wash, not sure if I’m 100% with it but I’m not changing it now!

seahawk1-1.jpg

Disaster! Even though the decals have been kleared and the tamiya tape was de-tacked a little, I still managed to trash the No 5 on the wing! If anyone out there has a spare from the Model Alliance Ark Royal sheet and want’s to donate to a good cause……

seahawk2.jpg

Oz... give me the full number etc. and I'll see if I've still got it left on my sheet. :) Best to PM me the details, as I'm likely to forget otherwise :hypnotised:

Oz, looks a really great job matey. I only show people 1 side of my 1:32 German Horsey F4 as its tail decal is FUBAR, so I know how you feel.

Bex