B-17 query

Danny

I had a look at Revell's new B-17 today and while I didn't buy one I'm very, very tempted to get one in the future.

The kits comes with markings to make a B-17 with the codes 'DF-F' while the Memphis Belle and Sally B both have the codes 'DF-A' (as Sally B played Memphis Belle in the film. In theory there must have been at least one B-17 on the same squadron coded 'DF-N'.

I was wondering if anyone on here has a picture of, or knows if anyone produces an decal set for, said B-17?

I ask because they are my initials and I'm vain! :lol: I'd like to build models of the B-17, Wellington and (when I get the guts to scratchbuild something more difficult that the Nav's bench) the Lancaster test bed that had my initials on eventually :evil_laugh:

Thanks,

Danny

DF-S is "Mother and Country" Tail no. 25703....

I dont know how the USAAF issued aircraft if it was in batches where the Tail No.s would be similar for the aircraft in the batch or if it was random however Finding DF-N from DF-S would be easier than from DF-A or DF-F

For thoose intrested I'll record names and Tail no.'s as I have a look for DF-N

DF-A - "Memphis belle"/"Sally B" Tail No. 41-24485

DF-F - "Little Miss mischeif" Tail No. 42-97880

DF-S - "Mother and Country" Tail No. 25703

DF-Y - "Rhapsody in red" Tail no. 42-97959

Edited by RAF Colonel

How jammy is that? You've now got the choice of OD or NM B-17s with your initials on!

That's not jammy that makes me want to build two!! :lol:

Thank you all for the info guys!!

Danny