Roland D VI

jknaus

Hi, I'm new here and joined as this seems to be the place to go for WWI aircraft.I recently got the Gotha and Roland D VI for Christmas and have started the Roland. Hopefully you'll be able to point out short comings etc and help me get this built as I'm more of a WWII and modern modeler.

Did the wood in Vallejo buff and then burnt umber. Batched up the green grey with vallejo aircolour rlm 02 and pale green and olive green and white to get to what looked right to me.

DSC01968.jpg

initial3.jpg

Have one Master Model gun built.

gun1.jpg

gun2.jpg

And got uo to the frame construction.

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01965.jpg

cockpit2.jpg

Will build the Radub seatbelts tonight or tomorrow and install them and the seat .

seatcushion.jpg

Thoughts comments or critiques welcome.

James

Edited by jknaus

Picture of the seat belts didnt come out. But they are on . Engine frame doesnt fit too well so I have some work ahead to figure that out. Buttoned it up with some tape to see what I could see.

together1.jpg

together2.jpg

And the scheme will be this one Roland%20D.VIa,%20Emil%20Koch,%20Jasta%2032b,%201918%20(7%20victories).jpg

James

Edited by jknaus

Thats a great start. My Roland D VI left NZ yesterday and I intend doing the same scheme so I will be watching this build with interest.

Andrew

Nice work, she does look good.

I'm doing the same profile myself, slightly different interpretation no doubt. A little ahead of you and alls gone well but check your cowling fit before painting up, I had to do a little thinning of the lip and minor surgery on the exhaust side (could be my build though)

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

Have not been as industrious as I should lately. Here is where I am so far. I have some touching up of the stripes then start painting panels etc. I somehow misaligned the engine although I cant see it. But the panels don't fit so the engine will be exposed. Could be something worse.

stripes1.jpg

stripes2.jpg

Comment and critiques welcome.

James