What-if 1/48 C-3 "Super COD"

This model was intended as a model suitable for long distance viewing, hung from the ceiling.  Three model builders worked on the model.  Mike provided inspiration, hacked up 1/48 AMT S-3A and Kinetics C-2A kits to produce the shape of the fictitious C-3 "Super COD" .  I then took over the project to produce a model primed and ready to paint and finish.  The model was then shipped to Doug for final assembly, painting and decaling.  The WIP link is below.

Here's the finished model.  The model did not land in its intended location.  So, it will grace Doug's man cave.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.  This was a fun project.

C-3-Finished-port-nose-view.jpg

C-3-Finished-Stbd-nose-details.jpg

C-3-Finished-stbd-nose-view.jpg

C-3-Finished-stbd-nose.jpg

C-3-Finished-stbd-rear.jpg

C-3-Finished-port-rear.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

What a great team effort.

Doug please can you hang it from the ceiling in your man cave and take some photos so we can see a near impression of the original planned display?

PS 1/48 ??

How HUGE is it?

Is there space in the ceiling of the man cave?

• Thanks 1

wrong.....just wrong on so many levels.......what is in the water supply in Texas that can drive a man to come up with such a beast?       Mind you, it does sorta look kinda cool

• Haha 2

@AlxBNE I'll check with Doug and see if he can provide a photo showing what he did with model.  And it is a big model. I usually work in 1/72. Handling that model required some care on my part.  Fortunately for me, filling and sanding involved large surfaces with no concern for preserving surface detail.  I did use the better part of a tube of Tamiya white putty, a fair amount of Apoxy Sculpt as well as CA mixed with that pink dental repair resin.

Don 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FIGHTS ON said:

wrong.....just wrong on so many levels.......what is in the water supply in Texas that can drive a man to come up with such a beast?       Mind you, it does sorta look kinda cool

Ha, ha.  Nope, not water in Texas.  Concocted in Hawaii, finished on the mainland.  Must have been the result of living on a remote, some say most remote, archipelago on earth.

• Haha 1

Hey, there could be something in that!

Perhaps the USN need to see this. 😜😆

Pretty cool being a group effort. Way to go!

👍👍👏👏

• Thanks 1