Posting Photos from OneDrve

I have been trying to link URLs of photos for posting here from OneDrive for two days. No joy. I have searched the FAQs and can find nothing current. The only way I can seem to do it directly from the app is to select a photo, click the share icon on the upper right and then scroll down to “copy link.”  When I come back here the “insert image from URL” just turns pink when I paste the URL and try to insert it. If I click the link icon above, I can paste the URL in and it shows up as just the URL in the posting as below. Isn’t it supposed to convert to the image rather than remain as the URL?  What am I doing wrong or just missing?  

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ah27QZpNOOxijibvrkWO0C9P0PjS

In advance, thanks for any help. 

Jeff

There is an extensive guide on how to link photos (not just OneDrive) in the FAQs on the front page of the forum.

THere is a guide in there on how to use onedrive. I use it extensively to post pics not only on BM, but on other sites as well, ans seems to work reasonably ok. 

Oh I know. I saw that and have  assiduously tried the method outlined there. I never get the “embed” command, and It is not hiding under “. . . “  I can copy the link using the method I outlined but pasting it into the post here does not produce an image. Maybe it’s because I am using my iPhone and not a desk or lap top?

That is the reason I think. The methodology outlined is from a desktop pc or laptop, or even a tablet that can access your OneDrive account and not using the mobile app. I've just tried it via the android app, and you cannot use the embed function, it's only available via the desktop website. Smartphones are fine for a lot of things, but they cannot replace a computer or laptop fully!

Okay.  On my laptop, and "embed" came up.  This is a test!

embed?resid=62EC384D9A41BB1D!1978&authke

It worked!  I am off and running.  Thanks so much for the suggestions.

Jeff

Jeff

• Like 2

In my experience, it also depends on the browser. I can add photos from my smartphone, but only using the Samsung browser. Chrome doesn't work.

Cheers

Wiesiek

7 minutes ago, voozet said:

In my experience, it also depends on the browser. I can add photos from my smartphone, but only using the Samsung browser. Chrome doesn't work.

Cheers

Wiesiek

@voozet are you using MS OneDrive to do this or some other photo hosting service? In this instance it is the app being discussed not using a browser, and it is the one drive app that does not enable embedding photos in web pages as we do on BM.

My mistake then. I thought it was about using one drive in generall. I only use it through the website onedrive.live.com

The power of habit. I even forgot that OD is also an application 😉.

No problem. I use OneDrive for my picture hosting and know full well that it is only through a browser that you can use the embed function. Like yourself, I only ever use it via a full, rather than a mobile, browser.

• Like 1