Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIC (Arma Hobby 1/72)

I welcome everyone with another craft - Hurricane Mk.2C from Hawker.
Arma Hobby set in the Expert Set version. If not for a couple of shortcomings, it could be called a recreational set. Perhaps the most unpleasant thing about the set is the canopy; its thickness is very unpleasant even for the closed position.

In the open position, again due to the thickness of the canopy, the manufacturer made a cut on the gargrot so that this very canopy could be seated. Therefore, we had to adapt the vacuum canopy from Rob Taurus, remove the selection on the gargrot, and simultaneously develop its complex shape. In addition to the canopy, additional elements were installed with resin exhaust pipes from Quickboost and brass machine gun barrels from Master. To the best of our ability, the design of the landing lights was refined - the ones in the kit are a bit rough, the rear pillar is also made in a rough way, some rods were added - on the keel, in the radiator scoops, and other little things. In general, the Arma kit is one of the best that I have ever owned, there is a lot of external detailing, impressively done, but it required more care, especially when riveting the model.

Prototype - pilot Michael Rook, Algeria, December 1942.
Enjoy watching, and I apologize for the automatic translation.

00.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

Edited by Ferguson
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 2

That is fantastic work, I really like the DE/DG/Sky finish on this later mark and with the white squadron codes it makes for a wonderful contrast! Fantastic work!

Matt

• Thanks 1