RN Sea King with red/orange bits

Happy New Year and all that jazz.

I’m thinking of doing a Sea King that I have in the stash in the colours of an RN rescue aircraft in ESDG with the floro red bits. Can anyone give me an acrylic paint code for the red?

9 hours ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

Can anyone give me an acrylic paint code for the red?

According to the instructions for the recently released Model Art Sea King sheet 48/018 the paint reference is Signal Red BS381c:537.

Don't think I have ever seen an RN Sea king In EDSG or DSG and red only later in their life when the airframes went to MSG. I stand to be corrected of course but the RN used the Wessex as dedicated SAR in that time frame.

Regards Glenn.

12 hours ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

MEDIUM sea grey and Signal Red.

Thought that's what it would be and the red colour reference is for that scheme

18 hours ago, cardiff guy said:

Don't think I have ever seen an RN Sea king In EDSG or DSG and red only later in their life when the airframes went to MSG.

Likewise , although Model Alliance decal sheet MA-729051 and MA-489051 "Royal Navy Anniversary Schemes Harrier GR.9 & Sea King HAS.5U" covers a Dark Blue-Grey coloured (no red) 771 NAS HAS.5U (which I imagine is a stripped down HAS.5) with the extra-large sized "Ace of Clubs"  marking on the undersides , there are some images of the instruction sheet on-line but too blurry to read accurately but scheme seems to have been carried around 2004 and while the serial is illegible the codes were 818/18.