Clearfix issue - help please

Ray S

Hello all.

Recently I have started to find a problem with Clearfix. It is a random issue, but every now and again this happens:

DSCN9599

The forward cabin window in the side door is cloudy, the aft one is clear. They were glazed yesterday at about 3pm, and this was taken at about 8.30am today. The two on the other side are clear too.

This has happened on a couple of other kits too. I use the same technique each time. Clearfix on a cocktail stick, scrub it around the opening and sort of 'whisk' it around until it creates the meniscus across the opening. The only thing I can think of is that I may have used a bigger blob.

Any ideas please?

All the best, Ray

I've had that happen a few times Ray.   I'm uncertain of the cause, but my cure is to pull out that window, and do it again.

Something else I do is park the model so that the window surface is horizontal, to prevent any thickening of the material towards the bottom.

Models propped in all sorts of stances in my workshop. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

I've had that happen a few times Ray.   I'm uncertain of the cause, but my cure is to pull out that window, and do it again.

Something else I do is park the model so that the window surface is horizontal, to prevent any thickening of the material towards the bottom.

Models propped in all sorts of stances in my workshop. 

Cheers Tim. I am now on attempt three for that window. I do lay the model on its side, I read about that a long time ago and it has come in handy! This one is balanced on two wooden pegs...

Ray

• Haha 1