Compressor Loosing Pressure

franky boy

Hello chaps

As the title suggests my compressor is loosing pressure during spraying sessions. I usually run it at 20psi but this soon drops down while spraying to nothing and then begins to build up again and so on...

The make is Revell Omega and I've had it since 2005 so it could just be that it's on the way out. I've checked all of the couplings and around the tank and there doesn't appear to be any leaks. I've also checked and the tank isn't full of water.

I just wondered if I've missed something obvious or if not then it's of to the compressor shop.

Thanks in advance 

James

If it's automatic, is it reaching cut-off pressure / if it's manual, does it make enough pressure to open the pressure relief valve?

If it reaches cut-off or relief valve pressure I would imagine a regulator issue, possibly a build up of crud (most likely in the regulator inlet port). stripping the regulator, cleaning & lubricating the internals with white grease may resolve the issue.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jetblast said:

If it's automatic, is it reaching cut-off pressure / if it's manual, does it make enough pressure to open the pressure relief valve?

If it reaches cut-off or relief valve pressure I would imagine a regulator issue, possibly a build up of crud (most likely in the regulator inlet port). stripping the regulator, cleaning & lubricating the internals with white grease may resolve the issue.

Thanks for the reply @Jetblast

Its manual so it doesn’t cut out when it’s reached pressure. It’s reaching pressure without a problem but when you start spraying the pressure drops off sharply right down to nothing. 

I’ll drag it out tonight and have a look. Is the regulator the part with the pressure valve on it?

Thanks again

James

If the Omega has a "C" shaped tubular tank (think they all did), it's the part fitted at the top of the tank with adjustment knob at the top & moisture bowl at the bottom.

• Thanks 1