TUI 737-800 builds and decals?

IscaSteve

Hi all

Getting back into the hobby after a long break. 

I want to build a TUI 737-800 as this is the plane we take every year on our hols, but I've been unable to find a kit off the shelf. 

So, I'm looking at picking up a Zvezda 1/144 Boeing 737-800 UT-Air # 7019 kit as the base for the build, but I also can't find any custom TUI decals... 

Edit - I found and ordered the decals from Draw Decals. 

The base will be white and the decals have the dark blue but does anyone know what colour/code light blue I will need to use to get an accurate representation? 

This is the plane I want to build: TUI 737-800 G-TAWG

Any tips or advice on how to achieve this will be gratefully received. 🙂

Edited by IscaSteve
Updated some info

This might inspire you. I know it's a Max but it shows how one modeller tackled the TUI livery. I agree with his recommendation for Authentic Airliners window decals. They enhance any model.

Remember to post your finished model in Ready for Inspection!

Dave G

• Thanks 1

Hi,

If you can get hold of some Xtracolor X555 and X556 are perfect matches for the blues Tui use. Unfortunately they are Oop and out of stock at Hannants but may be available elsewhere.

Alternatively Revell 50 for the fuselage and Humbrol 47 for the tail are recommended on the Daco 787 decal sheet.

Here is a link to a model I built using the Xtracolor paints.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235012550-1144-authentic-airliners-thomson-boeing-757-200/

Hope this helps and, as Dave says, make sure you post the finished model in the RFI forum!

Cheers,

Ian

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ian

I will have a hunt around and see what I can find.

I discovered an awesome model shop near me this morning so will see if they have any. 

Your model is superb BTW. I can only dream of doing such a good job! 

I'll certainly get the finished model up on the forum once completed. 

Edited by IscaSteve

Phil flory built a TUI 787 a few years back. Not a 737 but it did show how he coped with masking the wavy fuselage scheme.

I think his 787 video might be one of his free ones on youtube without becoming a flory model subscriber???