Orlandoo Hunter Land Rover Defender 1/32 (with RC)

activexp

I would recommend this kit to anyone who fancies a challenge. It will test your patience to the limit, it's certainly tested mine due to the tiny parts and some of the smallest screws I've ever seen. The kit is actually extremely well engineered with all metal gears, axles, bearings, chassis rails etc in 'Tamiya' quality.  RC parts such as steering servo, receiver, ESC, motor and LiPo battery are optional extras.

spacer.png

Front axle

spacer.png

spacer.png

Completed front and rear axles with suspension links.

spacer.png

Fully assembled chassis

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've added LED headlights which come with the Orlandoo Hunter D4L RC controller system. It's possible to add side lights and indicators but they're microscopic surface mount LED's that require soldering to very fine wire. That's a step too far for me.

spacer.png

The next stage is the body

• Like 7

Things didn't go too well with the body. Fell off the paint stand on to its roof before the paint was dry. Attempted a clean-up and re-spray only to find later that some of the white had bled through on to the blue despite my best masking attempts.  I might have to make this Land Rover dirty to hide all the defects. Then there's the lenses for the lights, side lights, indicators etc, some no bigger than a pinhead. Took my ages to get them fitted as most of the time I was trying to find them after pinging from tweezers. I'm just not used to working at this scale but I persist because the thing is definitely 'cool'. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The next step is fitting the RC stuff but I'm held up with that as the specified 260maH Lipo battery is unobtainium at the moment.

• Like 5

The RC stuff that comes with the D4L proportional controller.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Tiny speaker for engine sounds.

spacer.png

Four channel LED board. Just having one channel for the headlights was enough of a challenge for me.

spacer.png

spacer.png

RC gear fitted and all working. All I need now is the right battery and it's done.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Nice. I saw a video of this on Youtube, it's a pretty cool little thing. And not that expensive either. 

I think it was a Youtube video that got me into this build and now I'm hooked with another kit on the way.  Spare parts are freely available so not throw away toys. And they don't take up a lot of space :)

• Like 1