Messerschmitt Bf-110-G4 Nachtjager -putting lipstick on a Frog in 1/72 scale

6 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Looks splendid! Perfect treatment of a FROG kit. The camouflage looks really good  too.

Regards,

Adrian

yep thanks Adrian - I'm pleased with the result - more hours spent looking, pondering & thinking than I actually spent 'doing' - the kit itself went together well, with minimal need for filler apart from the nose cone, which didn't fit too well.  

I hacked the elevators out, and added some animation, but didn't bother carving out the rudders & ailerons as well, as the plastic is quite hard to work with - she is set up in the attitude of hunting a target from below - where they used to get visual contact inside the bomber streams by silhouetting their prey against the faint light of the night sky 

This G4 has (I think) 4 x 20mm MG/FF firing forward, plus the two upward firing MG-151/20's  mounted in the cockpit, and 2 x Mg-17s for rear defence - it was a heavily armed beast, even with bomb rack still fitted to its belly, as this kit includes.

I am happy with how I got the pigments to mimic the heat staining & rust on the black painted exhaust shrouds - I think i'm getting the hang of using the powders now 

• Like 1