Printsharing?

ErikT

I know that a few times in past threads the topic of what to do if one doesn't have a printer has come up, but has anyone seriously discussed the possibility of doing a bit of print-for-hire for each other?  I just recently purchased an Elegoo Mars 2 Pro, and I'm loving it, though I'm still a novice with online CAD software.  I was thinking, though, that if there's anyone who has a file they have found or designed and would like printed out, but don't want the hassle of buying their own printer, why not just pay someone local to print it for the cost of the resin / filament and shipping?  I certainly wouldn't mind helping out a brother or sister modeller in my area if they just emailed me the file and took care of the materials cost.  With the number of people buying printers these days, I would think that most of us could find someone within a reasonable distance to print a file or two.  Just thinking out loud; feel free to poke holes though the idea if you find any, or if you have any thoughts along similar lines, I'd love to hear them.  And I'm not thinking about an actual business, because I have plenty of work to do at my actual job (that thing I do every day to pay for my model supplies), and a for-profit printing business would have to be governed by a few more rules here.

Erik. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...