Tamiya 1:35 Pink Panther SAS Land Rover

I don't normally build military vehicles, but I remember vividly the colour Tamiya leaflets inside the 1:20 Formula 1 cars I bought in my teens, and this always featured and stood out as one I'd like to build.  It's still widely available and cheap, so I picked one up last year. It must be getting on for 50 years old now (it's well over 40 years since I saw it in those mini-catalogues). Despite its age, it doesn't disappoint - it's a great kit that everyone should build at least once. It goes together really easily and the mould well detailed for its age.

The build is out-of-the-box except for a small piece of plastic card to fill the hole on the underside of the load on the tailgate.

The main challenge is getting the right shade of pink - I brush-painted Tamiya acrylic pink, then lightened it with white pigment, followed by sand pigment to give a more desert-used shade, then fixed it with a coat of matt enamel. The tyres are AK acrylic and the rest of the colours are Revell acqua. Primer was from a Revell spray can.

Andy

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 13