Paint Peters Out After a Few Seconds

WhichOnesPink

Hi All,

I have an H&S Evolution Silverline 2 in 1. My problem is that it regularly stops spraying after a few seconds when using the 0.2 needle and doing fine work. If I release the trigger and try again it will work, but then peter out again. I open up the paint volume control and it will work but then I suddenly get a flood of paint. So I can't seem to get a happy medium consistantly.

The compressor is set to 15psi and I thin the paint 50/50 with MLT. I use Mr Hobby (paint & surfacer), Tamiya, Alcad etc. As an example, I was flat coating with GX113 50/50 yesterday and it did it again. On this occassion I did notice the needle was stuck in the nozzle and was not pulling back. But it still did it after adjustng the needle.

I am almost OCD about keeping it clean! It's not dry tip (I only get that with UMP primer). I have just replaced all the seals.

I don't push the needle hard into the body, but i am wondering if the nozzle is the cause. However, I have looked at it under magnification and it looks ok. Should I just bite the bullet and buy a new nozzle and needle?

Shine On,

Pink

How tight is the needle seal? Maybe it's too tight and the needle can't move freely causing the unpredictable behaviour.

It's also possible that the mix is just a bit too thick for the air pressure. Try it with the 0.4 needle-nozzle. 

• Like 1

Every few months I find it’s a good idea to clean out the seal inside the barrel.  Look down from the rear when needle and trigger are out and you should see the gland with screwdriver slots to open it up.  Helpfully this gland seal is not on the H&S instructions but shows on the spare parts diagrams online!

• Like 1