SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1 - Kitty Hawk 1/48

7 hours ago, Pappy said:

Fair call.

Did Jags use the inlet FOD cages for ground runs?

If so, one of these installed or sitting next to the inlets would further elaborate the narrative and indicate that a ground test is imminent

cheers,

Pappy

I don't recall them being used exclusively, other than when an aircraft was put on the detuner.  Same with Tornado, heavy cumbersome intake guards for that too, but techies were 'relaxed' in their use of them, especially if it was a quick system check run.

Kev.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 8:52 PM, Kev Gregory said:

Final post, with a few shots of the Jaguar build, that was handed to me tonight.

Incredible thanks to Del, the model maker, who has truly captured the scene of an engine change on the Jaguar aircraft, commemorating my time at RAF Coltishall.

We are in the throws of getting ready to move, so I'll get some studio shots later for the Ready For Inspection area.

Cheers all,  

Kev.

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

RAF SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1

Following on from Kev’s latest post and supporting photos of the completed diorama, I’d like to say few words.  Starting back in early 2019, this project has taken three years to complete, it has been the most technically detailed and difficult model project I have ever undertaken.  However, it has been an amazing experience and has taught me much.

I’m very grateful to everyone in the group who has followed the build, the encouragement, interest and supportive/helpful advice you have provided throughout has been very much appreciated. Your contributions have been immensely helpful and fundamental in achieving the final results you see in the photos.

It goes without saying that the excellent quality photos taken by Kev from the start documenting every aspect of this build not only helped me as the builder but have provided an amazing and detailed insight for anyone new to Britmodeller just discovering the build.  I hope you have all enjoyed the project and I’d like to say a huge thank you each and every one of you!

Boltcropper.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 11:43 PM, Phone Phixer said:

Wow, looking good. So many little details that add realism to the whole scene.

I like that the earlier brake chute housing missing the pack and noddy cap, shows attention to detail. Also the groundcrew wearing the old green crinkly wet weather jacket and white amplivox ear defenders. Will he have the glycerin leaking from the pads down his neck!!

Love it.

Rob.

Thank you so much Rob for your kind comments, I did try to make it as representative of the time as possible, as you say all the small things matter and are important in the overall scenario.....and I truly hope the tow tractor driver has glycerine stains on his collar! 

Cheers,

Del.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/19/2022 at 6:35 PM, Boltcropper said:

Following on from Kev’s latest post and supporting photos of the completed diorama, I’d like to say few words.  Starting back in early 2019, this project has taken three years to complete, it has been the most technically detailed and difficult model project I have ever undertaken.  However, it has been an amazing experience and has taught me much.

I’m very grateful to everyone in the group who has followed the build, the encouragement, interest and supportive/helpful advice you have provided throughout has been very much appreciated. Your contributions have been immensely helpful and fundamental in achieving the final results you see in the photos.

It goes without saying that the excellent quality photos taken by Kev from the start documenting every aspect of this build not only helped me as the builder but have provided an amazing and detailed insight for anyone new to Britmodeller just discovering the build.  I hope you have all enjoyed the project and I’d like to say a huge thank you each and every one of you!

Boltcropper.

Any more news?
I ask not just to see more of this amazing build but also for a little more inspiration having just picked up another, now rare, KH GR1/GR3.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RMP2 said:

Any more news?
I ask not just to see more of this amazing build but also for a little more inspiration having just picked up another, now rare, KH GR1/GR3.... 

Hi RMP2, thanks for checking in,  I'm glad you enjoyed the project build and am very grateful for your kind comments throughout the build.  I certainly wish you well with your own GR1/GR3 build and sincerely hope that any trials/workarounds etc Kev and I have managed to highlight on here will prove helpful, certainly looking forward to seeing your own build progress if you are looking post it here.   As you may have seen in Kevs last post dated 17 Nov 22 (including some photos of the finished Jaguar Diorama), he moved house shortly after I'd finished the model and handed it to him.  He's had a busy time since then so may not have had chance to take more photos yet as he'd planned (for loading up to the 'Ready for Inspection' area on here, I'm sure as soon as he get the opprtunity he will.  All the best for now.

Hi RMP2, thanks for checking in,

I'm glad you enjoyed the project build and am very grateful for your kind comments throughout the build.  I certainly wish you well with your own GR1/GR3 build and sincerely hope that any trials/workarounds etc Kev and I have managed to highlight on here will prove helpful, certainly looking forward to seeing your own build progress if you are looking post it here.   

As you may have seen in Kevs last post dated 17 Nov 22 (including some photos of the finished Jaguar Diorama), he moved house shortly after I'd finished the model and handed it to him.  He's had a busy time since then so may not have had chance to take more photos yet as he'd planned (for loading up to the 'Ready for Inspection' area on here, I'm sure as soon as he get the opprtunity he will. 

All the best for now,

Boltcropper

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Boltcropper said:

Hi RMP2, thanks for checking in,

I'm glad you enjoyed the project build and am very grateful for your kind comments throughout the build.  I certainly wish you well with your own GR1/GR3 build and sincerely hope that any trials/workarounds etc Kev and I have managed to highlight on here will prove helpful, certainly looking forward to seeing your own build progress if you are looking post it here.   

As you may have seen in Kevs last post dated 17 Nov 22 (including some photos of the finished Jaguar Diorama), he moved house shortly after I'd finished the model and handed it to him.  He's had a busy time since then so may not have had chance to take more photos yet as he'd planned (for loading up to the 'Ready for Inspection' area on here, I'm sure as soon as he get the opprtunity he will. 

All the best for now,

Boltcropper

Aaah! I somehow missed the finished diorama. Needless to say it's looking not too bad...  rather more bloomin incredible. Really liking the cleanliness of the aircraft in particular which ties in with the clean detailing.

I'm on my phone right now, but look forward to getting on the PC and seeing the images in more detail along with the RFI post - I do hope time is found to photograph and post such.

Thank you re my own build. Ot would be my second KH GR and have both their 2 seater and a French A to go at... it will be hell, no doubt about it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1