SEPECAT Jaguar GR.1 - Kitty Hawk 1/48

Main undercarriage bay, port side, without oleo and wheels.

Aires SEPECAT Jaguar Wheel Bay Set (AIRE4595) and Speed Brakes Set (4606), along with Scale Aircraft Conversions SEPECAT Jaguar Landing Gear (SAC48210) and Armory SEPECAT Jaguar Wheel Set (ARAW48502):

Main Undercarriage

Main Undercarriage

• Like 8

On 8/5/2022 at 11:16 PM, Covjets13 said:

Inspirational 🥰

cheers Si

Thank you very much Covjets, now the  aircraft sub-assemblies and GSE are all but completed the assembly of the Jaguar itself will shorly follow...I'm looking forward to that!

On 8/11/2022 at 7:31 AM, Silenoz said:

Fantastic work... Hope you can add all these without damaging..

Hi Silenoz thanks very much, glad you are enjoying it as things tick along.  All the assemblies tha thave been posted reecently are lightly assembled with thinned PVA to enable Kev to take his photos.  Its fairly easy stuff to remove withough damaging the parts/painted surfaces......but I never get complacent or rush it....don't want to hold up progress with any fixing/repainting at this stage!😫

Edited by Boltcropper

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow this is impressing me more and more on each post. The tiny, tiny details are incredible.

Very much looking forward to seeing more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The aircraft serving pan (ASP) marked out with taxi lines and parking spots for Jaguar aircraft, along with a hashed GSE parking area.  (Excuse my change of brightness in the pics!")

ASP

And set in the base of the display case...

ASP

And with a Jaguar GR1 overlay, which was initially used to work out setting of vehicles and equipment, with the Jaguar parked on spot undergoing an engine change after bird strike.

ASP

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, RMP2 said:

Somehow this is impressing me more and more on each post. The tiny, tiny details are incredible.

Glad you're liking it, and I know Del will be pleased with the comments.  I must admit, each time I pop round to see or pick stuff up, I'm blown away by work he's done, but I know he fears the detail my macro shots can show.  To the naked eye his attention to detail is simply outstanding.

The engines will likely be next, they are also coming along nicely, I think they will look superb when imaged and uploaded.

Cheers,

Kev.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Silenoz said:

Magnificent...

Thanks Silenoz, thats very much appreciated. With all the GSE and accessories pretty much completed now I'm concentrating on finishing the engines and at long last; the Jaguar GR1 itself, so future updates will show these.

Edited by Boltcropper

6 hours ago, RMP2 said:

Thanks very much RMP2, I'm glad all the tiny stuff is showing up so well....all that scratch-building and  lotttttts of painting has been well worth it.  Primarily of course it has everything to do with Kev's excellent photography skills and image stacking techiques (black magic to me!). We are both looking forward to subsequent posts as these will be featuring the engine painting/detailing and the Jaguar build. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...