DeHavilland Hornet PX252 - 1/48 Trumpeter

Hi all,

Having just completed my 1/48 Spitfire collection, I have begun work on my next collection(s), this is the second in my twin engine collection and the first in my DeHavilland collection!

When I first discovered the DH Hornet, I thought it was "what-if" aircraft, such a fantastic looking aircraft, sleek and clean - Eric "Winkle" Brown said about the Hornet;

"For aerobatics the Sea Hornet was absolute bliss. The excess of power was such that manoeuvres in the vertical plane can only be described as rocket-like. Even with one propeller feathered the Hornet could loop with the best single-engine fighter, and its aerodynamic cleanliness was such that I delighted in its demonstration by diving with both engines at full bore and feathering both propellers before pulling up into a loop!"

I fell for the secondary scheme in the kit, with the striking red arrows on the wings and fuselage, subsequently I discovered the spinners were silver (not the striking red) and, interestingly, the fin flash was likely of the C type.

The kit was very straight forward and fun to build, it took no longer than 4 days to build from start to finish. I'm aware there are a few inaccuracies, but I'm not worried, I think it looks fantastic, a truly striking aircraft.

IMGP0766

IMGP0762

IMGP0770

IMGP0764

IMGP0774

IMGP0773

IMGP0768

IMGP0761

Thanks for looking, I've already started my 1/48 Tamiya Mosquito which is coming along well!

Cheers,

Ben

• Like 14