Fw 190 A-3 "Yellow 28" of 2./EJGr. West

Milos Gazdic

Hello all,

I am looking for a photo reference of the Fw 190 A-3 featured on Life Like Decal sheet 48-019 (can be seen here: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/lifelike-decals-48-019-fw-190-part-2--1072675)

Decal sheet instructions are pointing towards the Le Fana de L’Aviation Hors Serie issue #28 which I finally purchased from ebay & to my disappointment - I am totally unable to find the photo of the machine in the magazine mentioned above!
Is anyone able to help me locate a photo or two of the mentioned machine. 

Thank you very much in advance!

spacer.png

4 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

Le Fana de L’Aviation Hors Serie issue #28 has photos of  "7"

Exactly! that & cool "dark" late war machine "White 20"

I am not amazing modeler but I always try for my models to be the best possible interpretations of the photos as I see them rather than how decal designers & researchers do... Have to keep on looking! Will check all the other references listed on the decal sheet & see which ones I have and go on from there!

Mr Hornet - unfortunately, I email them only this morning after similar solution was offered by another forum member via PM. :)

BUT I have solved the issue! Obviously guys from the LifeLike decals have added additional reference  in the list of the references after mentioning them by number in the descriptions! So #5 mentioned next to machine mentioned by FalkeEins above is in fact reference #6, so I realized that reference #6 mentioned next to Yellow 28 is in fact Reference #7 which is "Jet & Prop Foto Archiv #7" which I luckily own! :)  And yes - there is the photo of it on the page 40. Only one shot - showing the machine from rear starboard side quite widely. Starboard side of the fuselage shown & starboard wing clearly shown. In the background there is one more machine looking very similar to this one. Seems to be 26 but I cannot be certain. Propeller tips of "28" are clearly weathered & machine looks very weathered, used & abused... Port wing is not clearly visible pass wing cross. Port side of the fuselage & most of the port wing camo will be guestimated based on standards & standards we all know (which this machine obviously doesn't follow much).

It is not clear from the photos if the machine used 2 cannon or 4 cannon wing. I will go with the 4 cannon wing (and probably will move to Tamiya model instead of originally planned Eduard since I have more of those in the stash). 

Description under the photo reads:

"These two Fw 190s belonging to a fighter replacement unit in France probably flew with EJGr. Ost commanded by Hermann Graf. In addition to the white fuselage band of the southern combat theatre broad white bands are also present on the wings"

Now I have to try and find the other A-3 that I would love to build at the same time: Red 7 / Blue 1!