1/32 - Douglas A-26B & C Invader by HobbyBoss - released - Resin2Detail detailing sets

Homebee

Source: https://www.facebook.com/RESIN2detail/posts/pfbid02LmKcWmdgoozyi1yAh7Bn5mcasmqXD6qKeL9LqJ6oSHmgL4i2UBmCF7gYt83FN6GKl

Test fitting for the main piece and upper turret is complete! Wanted to share some pics.

The only thing I did prior to photographing was remove build supports which took about 5 minutes with sharp #11 blade and to add a pin wash to bring out the panel line detail.

As soon as the corrected and upgraded main landing gear struts are complete this week, will provide additional photos along with purchasing and pricing details.

Comments and questions always welcome. Will be announcing other sets for the 1/32 A-26 over the coming days and weeks -- keep an eye out

Hope you like!

279418728-1959335204257222-7138810834754

280465645-1959335207590555-9189103685991

V.P.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2022 at 12:53 PM, Ali62 said:

The way that it stacks up in my book is that it would be more cost effective, and a better model would result from starting from scratch with an entirely new resin cast and 3D printed kit, along with brass u/c etc.

I have no idea of cost and or full implementation but would there be any interest in such a plan? 

Well that would be a hell of an undertaking...but understandable, as this kit is a lost cause. If a decent canopy turned up I could cope with aftermarket engine faces and probably build it. But for now, I'm going to chalk it up to experience and not fall victim to the 'sunk cost fallacy' and keep throwing good money after bad. It'll have to stand as the poster child for all the stereotypes regarding TrumpyBoss over the years 😔 nice kit, but carelessly wrong in so many avoidable ways... 

• Like 1

Source: https://www.facebook.com/RESIN2detail/posts/pfbid0faSbtZ1T6f9a793nhWvbGm9EEDmhMGBaiA8pgayAhWsNu4VLkW6YibxWgKcJ4JcEl

Landing gear upgrade and correction WIP for 1/32 Hobby Boss A-26 Invader -- coming soon This set was designed specifically to be used with the wing root correction which is about 7mm higher off the ground necessitating a longer main gear strut than what is provided in the kit.

Will be bundled with our wheel upgrade and corrected main gear compartment. The kit has so many issues it's almost impossible to fix one problem without needing to correct another! Anyway, hope you like

280322430-1960785970778812-1067652653466

V.P.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

I now have the update set for the nacelle interiors and the main landing gear, the new mid-section with correctly placed wing roots, and a ventral turret with fuselage insert. I have not done any cutting on my HB kit, but the parts look good, and especially the corrected wing roots will greatly improve the appearance and accuracy of the model. I've recently been in contact with Mr. RESIN2detail and he is going to soon release the corrected cowlings and is working on a better cockpit and most importantly, three different clear canopies. With all of this, it might just be possible to make a proper A/B-26 Invader out of the HB kit.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comments added.