The Rules

Welcome to the 1945 to 1959 NATO V Warsaw Pact in Europe GB. As the title suggests the remit of this GB is to cover military equipment used by the armed forces of countries within Western Europe during that period and chart the changes that occured as those countries transitioned from the end of World War Two into the height of the Cold War and the formation of NATO and the Warsaw Pact as well as the nations who remained neutral. Therefore anything deployed within an area south of and including Iceland, west of the Ural Mountains, north of Africa, and east the mid-Atlantic during the period from 3rd September 1945 to 31st December 1959 and used on land, sea, or air with a front-line capability is eligible. The definition of 'front-line' includes transport and reconnaissance but excludes anything used purely for training purposes.

Any external units deployed to Europe on exercise are permited. The only proviso here is that it would need to be a specific unit tied to specific date and location.

Our GB starts at 00:00hrs 19th January and runs until 23:59hrs 12th May GMT 2018

That's the specifics of this GB but standard Britmodeller GB rules also apply.
The model kit and any aftermarket components can be any scale or build material but no pre-built die-cast models.

All models must be no more than 25% complete at the start of the build. If in doubt please ask.

All builds must have a WIP thread showing progress and no completed models can go into the gallery unless there has been a supporting build thread. If you are building two or more similar models or there is a strong link between the subjects then they may be combined in the same thread.

Once your model is finished please post a maximum of 5 photographs in the Finished Builds Gallery to ensure it is included in the poll.

Please do not post comments in the Gallery thread but rather keep them for the individual build threads.
There will be a poll to vote for your favourite build at the end of the GB, but please do not canvas for votes.

No buying/wanted or selling in the GB area please, there is a specific buying and selling section in Britmodeller for this.

No What-If or fictional schemes. If you have a scheme in mind and you’re not sure then just ask as chances are some of the membership will know and be willing to help  

Finally, in fact most importantly, have fun!

• Like 3

• Col. pinned this topic
On 1/12/2019 at 1:56 AM, Col. said:

No buying/wanted or selling in the GB area please, there is a specific buying and selling section in Britmodeller for this.

If in my topic I give a link to the Russian forum topic where electronic versions of the original technical documentation are on sale (there is not only La-15, but also MiG-9,15,19, etc.), will this be a violation of this paragraph rules? To the seller, I have nothing to do.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 11:16 AM, Aardvark said:

If in my topic I give a link to the Russian forum topic where electronic versions of the original technical documentation are on sale (there is not only La-15, but also MiG-9,15,19, etc.), will this be a violation of this paragraph rules? To the seller, I have nothing to do.

B.R.

Serge

No Serge I've no problems or issues with your post :) 

• Like 1