1/200 P-8 Poseidon (Hasegawa)

I bought this one as a treat for myself around Christmas 2016 I think; recently I was working on it in the 737 group build but for various reasons didn't get it finished. A while back I did get around to finishing it off - pretty quickly in the end as it is really just one colour and pretty simple decals.

Apologies for the photos. Something about white balance, blah blah. It's a good kit though - I recommend it if you like this type. I don't know how it stacks up for accuracy but in 1/200 I think it probably meets the needs of most people.

The only thing I don't like is the windscreen decal - seems a bit blue for me particularly against some of my other 737s in the same scale.

Anyway, here it is:

P8leftside.jpg

P8righthigh.jpg

P8underside.jpg

P8frontlefthigh.jpg

• Like 15

Thanks everyone! It really is a good little kit.

I think DrawDecals already makes Indian decals for it, too. Maybe RAAF also. I'd like to see Hasegawa release a kit with both those options in it. 

The reality is that the only difference on the kit (as opposed probably to the real plane) between this and a regular 737 is all those lumps and fins. A reasonably patient modeller could probably just scratch build it up. The kit sells at a premium to regular 737s but for me it was worth it just to have the additional bits and an instruction sheet!