PK-125 : UC-64A Norseman - COMPLETE!!

Army_Air_Force

I got the windscreen and prop on this morning, masking off from the windows with just one little touch up. Knocked one end of a tail bracing wire loose so had to reglue that, and I've just finished shooting some photos. I'll get the background printed tomorrow and the picture frame should be on its way this week too.

The picture frame arrived today. Normally I get these supplied with the box already assembled. The Norseman required a taller then normal frame, so I asked for an oversized box to be supplied in parts so I could cut it down on my bandsaw to suit the model height. The background picture was ordered a couple of days ago and has been despatched, so should arrive soon. I'm busy at the weekend so it will be early next week before I get to put it all together. 

norseman_56.jpg

Edited by Army_Air_Force
  • Like 3

The box was cut down, glued and 'V' nailed this morning.

norseman_57.jpg

The brass tubes that will support the aircraft were also cut and cleaned up. They still need a polish. I came out of the workshop and back into the house to make a coffee and found that the postman had been and the photo backgrounds had arrived early!

norseman_58.jpg

Edited by Army_Air_Force
  • Like 1

I had five different background images printed for various models, as I've learned that if the packet is too thin, the pictures often get creased in the post. The Norseman picture was 12x8 inches and needed about 1/8 inch trimmed off each end to fit on the MDF back to the frame. It was then glued down, weighted flat and left to dry. 

norseman_59.jpg

Once the photo was dry, I placed everything together for some final pictures. The model still needs mounting properly, but once the glass is in the frame, it's hard to get a decent picture due to the reflections. I'll add a few pictures of the final assembly next week , but these will do to complete the Group Build.

norseman_60.jpg

norseman_61.jpg

Edited by Army_Air_Force
Edited to replace http pictures with https
  • Like 2