1/48 Lightning Boarding Ladder

Stuflyer

Hi All, a simple one that you'd have thought could have been dealt with via Google, but my Google-fu seems to be lacking.

Does anyone make a boarding ladder for 1/48 lightnings? Flightpath do one but only as part of their overall set for the lightning and all I want is the ladder. I cold have sworn Airwaves did one but i'm either imagining it or it's out of production.

Thanks for any info :)

You are right about Airwaves making one, but I think it's out of production. One of the cockpit sets includes a ladder, CMK I think, and PP Aeroparts used to make one in white metal which is also long out of production. Have you tried the " wants " section here, someone might have one that's surplus to requirements, I' m afraid I need mine.

HTH

John

• Like 1

Hello,Stuflyer - If an aftermarket item is unavailable you could maybe try my method of scratch building one from plastic rod and sprue.

IMG_1664_zpseur8ewlf.jpg

I made this ladder so it simply hooks discretely on the side of the cockpit and can be lifted off if desired.No holes,no adhesive,simple.Due to my level of modelling skills,this attempt may look slightly 'industrial' but I'm content with the result.

I hope this idea may give you food for thought.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Stuflyer said:

Thanks John, I think I'll do that. Paul, your ladder looks fantastic! I am not sure my hands are steady enough for scratching one of those though, sadly. I may give it a go for a laugh though - where did you get the dimensions?

Hello,Stuflyer - I got the dimensions by studying photos online of Lightnings with the Cockpit Ladders in place.I then used 'dividers' to gain approximate dimensions against the completed model.I marked them out on paper and when they were there or thereabouts,I cut the plasticard and rod to shape.It's worth giving it a try and may save you some money in the process.Happy Fettling!

😉👍All the best,Paul.

• Like 2