Paint mixes for grey Jaguars

Ben Brown

Hi All,

Does anyone have Model Master or Tamiya paint mixes for the two greys used on the final camouflage scheme for the Jaguar? Those are the paint brands I'm limited to, since we can't get Xtracolor here in the US at the moment. Also, I have one source that says the greys are Dark Camouflage Grey and Dark Sea Grey and another that says Barley Grey and Light Aircraft Grey (which seem too light). Which should I use? Looks like Model Master makes a Dark Sea Grey, but that's it.

Thanks!

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown

I would perhaps start with Tamiya XF-53 Neutral Grey and XF-54 Dark Sea Grey and add a light grey shade or white Tamiya paint to each until you get somewhere near to what you see in photographs. This camo did tend to weather and fade over time so no need to get it exact.

Hope that this helps. Others may have a better suggestion!

Regards

Rob

Hi All,

Does anyone have Model Master or Tamiya paint mixes for the two greys used on the final camouflage scheme for the Jaguar? Those are the paint brands I'm limited to, since we can't get Xtracolor here in the US at the moment. Also, I have one source that says the greys are Dark Camouflage Grey and Dark Sea Grey and another that says Barley Grey and Light Aircraft Grey (which seem too light). Which should I use? Looks like Model Master makes a Dark Sea Grey, but that's it.

Thanks!

Ben

Has Roll Models stopped importing it?

Regards,

Murph