1/72 Airfix DHC Chipmunk

Hi guys,

This is my first 1/72 model - the Airfix DHC Chipmunk.

It's far away from being perfect (canopy section mainly) but it was fun. The markings are fictional - I wanted to do an RCAF trainer version but didn't have the right decals. So I painted it yellow but used the kit decals.

So, enough bla bla - here the pics.

IMG_16991_zps8a6e1bb1.jpg

IMG_16971_zps60a10410.jpg

IMG_17021_zps8786dd1f.jpg

IMG_16981_zps38fcf96e.jpg

I hope you like it. It's definitely not gone be my last 1/72.

Thank's a lot to William de Coster from Belgium for having sent my a replacement canopy since I messed up the first one even more...

Cheers,
Michael

• Like 4

A nice little model, good work. You say its your first 1/72, what scale do you usually model in? I like 1/72 simply as storage would be a problem for bigger kits. although the detail of bigger kits is much more appealing.

A nice little model, good work. You say its your first 1/72, what scale do you usually model in? I like 1/72 simply as storage would be a problem for bigger kits. although the detail of bigger kits is much more appealing.

Hi there,

It's my fourth model in total - the other three are in 1/48. Yeap, storage is getting an issue with too many 1/48 kits. I guess I will continue building in both scales - space has to be found ;-).

Cheers,

Michael

• Like 1

Hi Michael:

Nice clean and well done build. I can feel you have a huge lot of artisan skills in you, just follow building and continue enjoy the pleassure of making your artist feelings flow out of your soul and heart.

This scale is more suited to the ones who liked a lot to repeat or make bigger collections with little space and some fidelity in detail, the 1:48 to the ones who wanted to do at least just one of the favourite ones with more detail, but anyway, there is your choice. Don't forget to watch here for the hints and tips to make better models usually posted here and the WIP threads, to learn more about the art of plastic modeling.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michael:

Nice clean and well done build. I can feel you have a huge lot of artisan skills in you, just follow building and continue enjoy the pleassure of making your artist feelings flow out of your soul and heart.

This scale is more suited to the ones who liked a lot to repeat or make bigger collections with little space and some fidelity in detail, the 1:48 to the ones who wanted to do at least just one of the favourite ones with more detail, but anyway, there is your choice. Don't forget to watch here for the hints and tips to make better models usually posted here and the WIP threads, to learn more about the art of plastic modeling.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Hi Luis Alfonso,

Thanks a lot for your kind feedback. I am still a newbie but enjoy building a lot. I guess I will continue building 1/72 as well as 1/48 scale kits. Larger planes like a Ju-52 in 1/72 and figher planes more in 1/48. But I just breaking my own rule by just having bought some nice Airfix 1/72 kits for the Spifire, Hurricane, etc. - so I guess I will have - one day - a lot of planes in both scales taking away to space in my house ;-).

Cheers,

Michael