Revell 1:535 USS Missouri BB-63

Hi Everyone,

Here is another 2015 build : Revell 1:535 Iowa class battleship USS Missouri BB-63.

Ever since I saw the film Under Siege, I have always wanted a model of the USS Missouri, but not in the refitted condition from the film, so I was very pleased to see a kit in LSA models of the ship as she was built to avenge Pearl Harbor.

Here is the kit. The one strange thing with this kit is that the kit has a rudder but no propellors and shafts included with it, or provision to put them in the hull.

IMG_6256_zpsogypddjn.jpg

IMG_6259_zps1pu3fsvw.jpg

IMG_6260_zpsnpsm9jf5.jpg

IMG_6261_zpspnjorsxc.jpg

IMG_6262_zpsfxykegmy.jpg

IMG_6263_zpshafcekte.jpg

IMG_6264_zpsedeq3qt2.jpg

IMG_6265_zps3lglkpml.jpg

IMG_6266_zpsexml9gs0.jpg

Cheers,

Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801

• 1 year later...

Hi Rick, just found your post!

This is one of my favorite kits and has been so since I was a kid. It is one of the first commercially available plastic model kits, dating back to 1953, and is still in production after all these years. The kit's strange hull bottom was designed back in the day when the real hull shape was still "classified".

If interested, accurate 3D printed parts are available specifically for this kit. Here's a link:

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/Model_Monkey?section=1%2F535+Revell&s=0

• Like 1

Hi Rick, just found your post!

This is one of my favorite kits and has been so since I was a kid. It is one of the first commercially available plastic model kits, dating back to 1953, and is still in production after all these years. The kit's strange hull bottom was designed back in the day when the real hull shape was still "classified".

If interested, accurate 3D printed parts are available specifically for this kit. Here's a link:

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/Model_Monkey?section=1%2F535+Revell&s=0

Hi MM,

Thanks for the info on the 3d printed parts. I don't know if I will be adding anything to this kit as I normally leave them OOB.

Rick

Cool. I remember doing this kit when I was a kid. Love to see what you make of her!

I haven't made a start on this kit yet as I have been having a break from building for the past year and can't for some reason get my head back into it.

Rick