1/8 scale Jaguar XK Engine kit

roymattblack

I'm just wondering if anyone here thinks there would be much mileage in producing a resin kit in 1/8 scale of the venerable Jaguar XK engine as was used in the C Type, D Type and E Types. It was also used in numerous saloons for many years.

BTW.... This is NOT an advert for me selling anything. The kit doesn't even exist at this point.

I would just appreciate feedback from other car modellers as to whether it might be a good idea, or a waste of time.

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack

I'm not sure market research carried out by totting up replies in 12 hours on BM is a very accurate way to gauge demand, Roy... Why not ask the guy who does the 1/8 E-Type conversion sets how many he's sold?

Much as I love Jags, there's no way I'm following in your footsteps to scratch anything in 1/8th, so your only chance of a sale to me is a potential upgrade to the Monogram E-Type I hope to own one day. That kit's expensive enough as it as, and, frankly (though I may be deluded) if I have the chops to do the beast at all, I reckon I have the skills needed to upgrade the engine in that kit myself. I'm also not likely to build a standalone engine... though if someone did a 1/4 scale Jaguar Straight Six "Visible V8" style, I'd be interested...

Bestest,

M.

Edited by cmatthewbacon

That would be tasty to me Roy.

I've got the 1/8 Jag already. I know your stuff would be the business and believe in supporting quality builders and people like you.

But you may not want to sell me one if I make it another drippy, smokey mess like I'm famous for........ :weep: