1/48 Trumpeter F9F-2P Panther

AndyC

Hi all

My entry for the Splendid Cats GB. The 1/48 Trumpeter F9F-2P Panther. Quite a good kit if a bit inaccurate in places and covered in rivets - I didn't get too bothered about filling the rivets in and I could have altered the incorrect camera port - but I really wanted to just build it. I also didn't want any weapons hanging off it - it's a PR machine and should be clean?

Wing-fold option is good (space saver!). The kit decals are terrible - wrong font and size, so invested in a set of Flevo decals. They are superb. Finished in Xtracrylix, Alclad, Lifecolor, Tamiya and Humbrol paints and finished with Alclad Gloss Kote.

The build thread is here...http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234943534-148-trumpeter-f9f-2p-panther-update-2109/

Thanks for looking and all comments welcome.

003_zpsa1d236ca.jpg

004_zpsd8bdb849.jpg

005_zpsd7f3d287.jpg

006_zps9e0767f2.jpg

007_zps2541c82a.jpg

008_zps54ca466a.jpg

009_zps7668cc08.jpg

010_zps42b98d93.jpg

011_zps4f9e0d06.jpg

012_zpsc204c954.jpg

• Like 3

Thats a lovely clean build Andy, superb paintwork as well. It also looks like you've used just about every paint known to man on this build as well!

Tim.

Edited by tank152

Thats a lovely clean build Andy, superb paintwork as well. It also looks like you've used just about every paint known to man on this build as well!

Tim.

Thanks Tim! Yes, the paint 'stash' is in state of flux and I'm trying to rationalise it. Lifecolor and Tamiya for main stuff. Humbrol for hand paint and Alclad for metallic.

Just seen the Bridges at Toko-Ri so it looks very familiar! Cracking build.

Thanks and a great film!