Another 30 years ago..

I was on the Resource and we were in the Autec ranges for Polaris missile trials when this was taken.......Some interesting details on the cab, notice the position of the Main rotor blade on the port side, Wessex blades hardly ever stopped in a perfect x....

img004_zpsd2b33e3d.jpg

Incidentally, that's me in the middle, (the good looking one in the passion busting shorts)

Smudge

Happy Days eh,.......your mates wouldn`t get away with wearing their dodgy undies on deck anymore,..not with all of the girlies serving on HM Ships nowadays!!

Cheers

Tony O

From what I`ve heard that was even worse,.......don`t mention fairey lights or soap in the showers!!!

Cheers

Tony O

Hey Smudge that looks liek a motly crew, bet you had agood time being such a small unit? I was pointed outhe rotor phenominon by and EX SAA Buccaneer pilots, I too hadn't noticed up until then. We were looking at SAAF Oryx's at the tiime.

Re Tony's comment about dress sense and the new high vis jackets now worn by flightdeck crews. Grey sea, grey ships, grey aircraft, yellow bods!!! Who's not been reading the script?

Colin

Edited by heloman1