1/32 Trumpeter F117a Nighthawk

I think you'll find the bombs haven't actually gone in the bomb bay, but have stalled short of the bomb doors.

My sympathies with your condition, I expect it's the long colonial assignments sah!

• Like 1

The model looks great but the comments are spiffing !!!

Many thanks Chris for the encouraging comments

Monty

Great topic to follow, this one....i am about to start mine too...Does anyone know if there are decals in 1/32 scale for the ' Toxic Avenger' jet.

hope to build that one...being a Maiden fan and all.....

Thank you Shan for taking the time to look through this post.

Monty

I think you'll find the bombs haven't actually gone in the bomb bay, but have stalled short of the bomb doors.

My sympathies with your condition, I expect it's the long colonial assignments sah!

Well picked up young Al. It seems like the story of my life, get close to the meat harps but stop short at the orchestra pit!

Yes those long hot summers certainly enervates one and the wicked monsoons plays havoc with the memsahib. Completely unavailable for extracurricular activity hence agravating the condition. One might have to investigate the availability of one's ayah and determine the merits of exploring the chocolate starfish so to speak.

Monty

• Haha 1

Haha i love the way you write build logs. What a legend

Thank you Chablar. I try to keep it as light hearted as possible and inject as much humour into it as I can. This is a prelude to the build for the F15 or F16 I will attempt next. That might turn into a novel given the complexity and detail involved.

Monty

Dear readers,

The last part of doing this was to complete the canopy. As mentioned previously, I left this to the end as I did not want to get discouraged by stuffing this up. After much procrastination I started on masking the canopy to spray it.

IMG_0003640x548.jpg

Then came the spraying which didn't take long. I left it to dry and then came the moment of truth. The unmasking. I was holding my breath as this was either going to be acceptable or else it was a whole lot of work awaiting the garbage bin. I was as scared as a virgin on her wedding night waiting for the final product.

IMG_0006640x573.jpg

Fortunately, it turned out to be quite acceptable and just like the feeling you get after negotiating the vinegar stroke, I was very relieved and decided to celebrate with a nice glass of bubbly and a Cuban cigar. Here it is attached to the aircraft.

IMG_0011640x427.jpg

I am calling this completed. I will post some completed photos on the RFI forum later.

Thanks to all for the encouraging comments throughout the build.

This was like a woman you see across the room. Not sure if she is good looking or fugly but the more you get to know her and he more you sample the wares, the more you enjoy her and the more you like her.

I must confess, looking at Black Beauty completed, I do like it very much as an aircraft, even though it lacks so much detail compared to other aircraft.

This is Monty signing off for this build. I will put the RFI link on here when I have done it.

Regards,

Monty

• Like 2

Some of your comments had me in stitches :D A thoroughly enjoyable read and a superb display of modeling! Looking forward the final pics in the RFI forum, more so your next build log and hilarious commentary

Some of your comments had me in stitches :D A thoroughly enjoyable read and a superb display of modeling! Looking forward the final pics in the RFI forum, more so your next build log and hilarious commentary

Thank you Dan for your nice comments. I try and make up for a distinct lack of modelling skills by being a reasonably cunninglinguist.

Indeed the next one will be long, hard and enduring. A bit like John Holmes to a large degree.

Regards,

Monty

• Like 1