Lusitania

Phil Reeder

I had the Entex kit,back in the 70`s,and it`s very much like their Titanic,which you`re building at the moment.I must say,I wasn`t impressed by it,and sold it.

Cheers Phil

I have this one in my stash, and it is a far superior kit in terms of moulding and accuracy than it's Entex/Minicraft Titanic counterpart - in any guise.

The only hassle is that you have to cleave off the moulded-on plastic railings, but not really a major problem in the Great Scheme of Things.

Hugh

Edited by HughJampton

I have this one in my stash, and it is a far superior kit in terms of moulding and accuracy than it's Entex/Minicraft Titanic counterpart - in any guise.

The only hassle is that you have to cleave off the moulded-on plastic railings, but not really a major problem in the Great Scheme of Things.

Hugh

Further to my last -

Phil,

I reckon the kit is pretty damned good!

There's even a build-tutorial written by Jerry Kent Layton available as a pdf from the TRMA site -

http://www.titanic-model.com/articles/lusi...ial_Revised.pdf

Hugh

Further to my last -

Phil,

I reckon the kit is pretty damned good!

There's even a build-tutorial written by Jerry Kent Layton available as a pdf from the TRMA site -

http://www.titanic-model.com/articles/lusi...ial_Revised.pdf

Hugh

It was in the 70`s that I had this kit.but from what I remember,I didn`t like the kit very much,as I normally build warships,I couldn`t get my head round it.But as you have one ,I will accept your judgement.Thanks Hugh cheers Phil

It was in the 70`s that I had this kit.but from what I remember,I didn`t like the kit very much,as I normally build warships,I couldn`t get my head round it.But as you have one ,I will accept your judgement.Thanks Hugh cheers Phil

No probs Phil,

But if you ever feel like giving the kit a second glance, I'm sure you won't be disappointed - I've seen your Hood build - so the old Lusi-kit shouldn't present you with any problems should you decide to revisit for old times sake!

Hugh