• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ROGERD

ROGERD

Established Member

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:44 AM

just started my 1/32 revell kit - I an assuming the basic colour for the cockpit area is RLM66- ? I gather that the floor was wooden - should this be left in natural finish or overpainted?

Thanks in advance
Rogerd

#2 Stonar

Stonar

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

Take a look at this,it's long but has just about everything you could hope for.

http://forum.largesc...h...=21808&st=0

Here is an image from that restoration thread.

Posted Image

I did mine RLM 66 and natural wood.

Steve

Edited by Stonar, 06 September 2011 - 08:22 AM.

#3 ROGERD

ROGERD

Established Member

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

Take a look at this,it's long but has just about everything you could hope for.

http://forum.largesc...h...=21808&st=0

Here is an image from that restoration thread.

Posted Image

I did mine RLM 66 and natural wood.

Steve

thanks for the reply and link - very useful
Rogerd

#4 Radpoe Spitfire

Radpoe Spitfire

Established Member

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:50 AM

thanks for the reply and link - very useful
Rogerd

I don't want to sound dozy, ( it is 5:45 am, I'm at work & can't accesss the LSP site on this PC) but the cockpit phot- is this one of the Ju88's currently being restored in Norway?

#5 ROGERD

ROGERD

Established Member

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:00 AM

I don't want to sound dozy, ( it is 5:45 am, I'm at work & can't accesss the LSP site on this PC) but the cockpit phot- is this one of the Ju88's currently being restored in Norway?

yes, you are indeed correct- its the one revell based their kit on. the ju88 site is well worth a look, with lots of pictures of the restoration. the attention to detail has to be seen to be believed.
its daunting enough in 1/32 , but 1:1 is something different!

#6 Radpoe Spitfire

Radpoe Spitfire

Established Member

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:14 PM

yes, you are indeed correct- its the one revell based their kit on. the ju88 site is well worth a look, with lots of pictures of the restoration. the attention to detail has to be seen to be believed.
its daunting enough in 1/32 , but 1:1 is something different!

If the cockpit is anything to go by & with the high standard of restoration of the HeIII, then we are all in for a real treat when they've finished the Ju88.

#7 Jennings Heilig

Jennings Heilig

Very Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

Don't know about the restoration (always a caveat with that), but the unrestored, original condition cockpit of the Ju88D in the USAFM collection is 100% RLM66, floor and all. I've sat in it.

#8 nsmekanik

nsmekanik

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

Don't know about the restoration (always a caveat with that), but the unrestored, original condition cockpit of the Ju88D in the USAFM collection is 100% RLM66, floor and all. I've sat in it.

Somewhere in the thread At LSP he does state that the cockpit floor was left in varnished wood for the A-1/C-2, then atfer that the whole cockpit was in 66

#9 Stonar

Stonar

Obsessed Member

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:43 AM

Somewhere in the thread At LSP he does state that the cockpit floor was left in varnished wood for the A-1/C-2, then atfer that the whole cockpit was in 66

Yes,as reproduced in the restored aircraft. Whilst I understand Jennings' very sensible caveat regarding restorations not all restorations are equal,the Norwegian Ju88 is certainly 'more equal' than some others. Apologies to Orwell!
Steve

#10 62-64-78

62-64-78

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

Yes,as reproduced in the restored aircraft. Whilst I understand Jennings' very sensible caveat regarding restorations not all restorations are equal,the Norwegian Ju88 is certainly 'more equal' than some others. Apologies to Orwell!
Steve

http://www.ju88.net/...ckpit0408-2.jpg