WNW Fokker DVII - ALL SOLD !

redcap

The last of the DVIIs (Alb) are now showing "Sold Out" on the WNW site which means all the 4 x boxings are now gone.

Any still lurking about on eBay....you may want to get them now as an early Christmas present before they start going for silly money !

Gary

Edited by redcap

I'm glad I got a couple when I did.

I'm starting to see a pattern here with WNW. When I new kit is released people tend to stock up on older releases when ordering the new kits. (I do it to spread the £8 handling charge over several kits to make it more bearable) this usually means that an older release is likely to go out of stock following the release of a new kit.

• Like 1

Sold out at the moment but back in stock when they run another production lot, it's happened before, cleaver marketing by WNW.

what have they had a 2nd production run of? the only one I'm aware of is the W29 which if you want the second time around only comes with the massive Felixstowe.

I wish they would do 2nd runs must make sense as the tooling is there, plus I never got around to getting a DVII and I would like another Tripe.

• Like 1

Sold out at the moment but back in stock when they run another production lot, it's happened before, cleaver marketing by WNW.

Unless it comes out as some sort of "Aces" dual boxing, you may be waiting some time Colin....if ever! As the above post mentioned, I am unsure what 'clever marketing' example(s) you cite as none of the OOP kits have been re-released again except the W29 as a £300+ 'special' and boxed with a Felixstowe. Those W29's that have (seemingly) been offloaded on ebay from the set (probably to try and finance the Felixstowe!) haven't gone for some of the £150+ prices we were seeing about a year ago when the W29 was still highly sought after. As such, perhaps those who were desparate to get one have now done so? Likewise with all the resin figures that have been up on the site since they started and the oft mentioned 'de luxe' versions.......nothing released to date.

Given the owner Sir Peter is a billionaire, I don't think - and its entirely my own opinion nothing more - WNW is as driven by the need to make a profit as most other kit makers. As such, they seem to indulge themselves and move onto the next project (thank goodness) quite quickly so maybe, just maybe, its a case of each kit just has to finance the next. I don't know; just a wild guess and nothing more absent any proof of this at all. Also, given the start up costs and logistics to have another load of boxes, instructions, decals etc printed off much less the plastic sprues, and you may not have quite as much demand and economic return as you think as I would imagine most who wanted one of the DVII's (or two) have already bought them and its not like there is a new up and coming generation of younger modellers to stimulate future demand is it!

As a side issue, I would be intrigued to know how many of each kit they make (even approx) on a kit run at WNW before they go OOP?

I hope I am wrong about the re-release issue but let's see.

Gary

Edited by redcap
  • Like 1

as I would imagine most who wanted one of the DVII's (or two) have already bought them

in my best feeble Life of Brian voice...."err I didn't" :weep: wish I had!

I'm sure your right Gary that WNW are not, perhaps, necessarily driven by profit ( how refreshing in this day and age )

however, if what you suspect is correct that one kit finances the next, then maybe it would make sense to rerelease a popular subject and maybe it would the finance the next 1.5 kits or so.

Also, I believe PJ started this venture as a means to satisfy Great war modellers with some of the best kits available which he has done admirably :clap: so using this logic, it maybe that they will look at the kits that have sold out, and in the case of the Tripe, very quickly, and still see a demand that still needs to be sated by those same aviation modellers....hope so!

• Like 1