Tamiya Panigales

david v

Hi Everyone, well its on to my next project, the new Tamiya Panigales. This will not be as quick a build as my last two, as i have to wait for the Front fork upgrade set to become avaliabe here( should be the middle of september) and also we are off on holiday next week. I wont bore you with the obligitory box shot ect, just to say i will be using aftermarket Rivets and screws on the panels for the first time, so here is where im at with the engine,

DSCF0088_zps7adcc191.jpg

DSCF0087_zpse61cf5cb.jpg

DSCF0086_zps84029798.jpg

DSCF0085_zps649c019d.jpg

DSCF0084_zps7ac73457.jpg

I hope you enjoy the pics and please feel free to comment

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Dave

I like what you have done with the engine, are you using the Tamiya colour call out on the assembly plan and Tamiya paints

Shall be keeping a close eye on this built

Have 2 of these in the stash, planning on doing the Senna bike. Decals and paint should arrive tomorrow.The other one in the Ducati red.

Also in the stash I have the front forks (another set on order) ,the Hobby Design detail up set

already have the Ducati red paint

Phil

Interesting Phil, I have two of the hobby design detail sets on the way, what are they like in the flesh? Undecided on whether I'll build one Red and a Senna or one WSBK, or possibly all three.

Apologies for the thread hijack Dave.

Interesting Phil, I have two of the hobby design detail sets on the way, what are they like in the flesh? Undecided on whether I'll build one Red and a Senna or one WSBK, or possibly all three.

Apologies for the thread hijack Dave.

you could always go for all 3 of them, although what is WSBK (excuse my ignorance)Bikes are not my thing but I did like the styling of this one

as this would be my first bike build I am not too familiar with PE for this type,but there are a lot of small parts ie the bike chain also 2 sizes of rivets that I am sure I will need a microscope ,that is if I have the nerve too try them

I am hoping Dave's build will encourage me and with ideas to build them soon

Phil

HI guys, thanks for the comments, im mostly using Alclad metallics in colours as close to the Tamiya cll ouys and also from references on the web.Im doing this one as the Senna bike. Are the sale motor sport decals a dedicated set for the bike, also i too would like to know what the Hobby Design etch set is like.

Dave

apologies the c/f decals are for another kit but came with the same order

The detail up set has 4 bags which contain the parts for the chain,springs for the exhaust,parts for the front wheel disc and top of the suspension posts, rivets and a resin base for the r/wheel chain sprocket

7 Sheets of p/e for building up the chain,disc brakes,radiator ,fuel cap, parts for the engine and frame ,washers etc

Hope that gives you an idea

Phil