Would these figures be ok ish for the Preist/kangaroo?

mrcooljules

Hey all...

almost completed the new Italeri quick build kit, doing it as a green D day.

it comes with 1 figure, but i need more (i think it has 5 for the real thing??????) anyway i cant afford the exellent metal figures, esp by AB. and i had these plastic figures laying around (i opened the box, to get a helmet to stick on the side of my Crusader II lol)

here are the figures, as everyone knows, a little tall n chunky, and aimed at wargamers...but are they close enough that i can get away with? esp as i have no where to keep models once done, so instead of just binning em, like i usually do, gonna stick it on ebay...

the green is the kit figure, the little metal at th eleft is a MMS metal 76th.

Also, i have tried painting some of these figures, using the instructions on the box...but i was far from happy, look nothing like the right colours that other people have used lol. anyone built these theatre figures?

DSCF0351.jpgDSCF0351.jpg

Edited by mrcooljules

these are the figures (sat in the new quick build Italeri M7 Priest, but not completed yet).

do these figures look ok colour wise? i have used Citidel paints (someone gave them to me ages ago and first time i have used them) as each time i tried humbrol etc, using the numbers the kit box said, they looked sooooooooooooo differernt.

the figures still need a little work, but i cant tell, is the webbing and straps etc, a darker colour than the uniform colour, or a lighter colour??? ok i dont expect it to be perfect, but i cant tell from fotos.

thanks

DSCF0396.jpg

Edited by mrcooljules

these are the figures (sat in the new quick build Italeri M7 Priest, but not completed yet).

do these figures look ok colour wise? i have used Citidel paints (someone gave them to me ages ago and first time i have used them) as each time i tried humbrol etc, using the numbers the kit box said, they looked sooooooooooooo differernt.

the figures still need a little work, but i cant tell, is the webbing and straps etc, a darker colour than the uniform colour, or a lighter colour??? ok i dont expect it to be perfect, but i cant tell from fotos.

thanks

DSCF0396.jpg

Hi Jules

would you not get more responses in the military section? But, assuming the model is NW Europe post D-Day, looks good, but I think webbing was usually done with green blanco, the natural colour of the canvas varied, see http://www.blitzandpeaces.co.uk/Museum/WWI...HOTOS/main4.asp lots of webbing...

in the bottom row of photos , "WW2 BRITISH 37 PATTERN WEB PISTOL HOLDER AND AHHUNITION POUCH" shows worn off blanco, the balnco being the greener bits. "WW2 BRITISH 37 PATTERN WEB RIFLE STRAP " is the colour I would aim for, best match for the stuff i had.

WW2%20BRITISH%2037%20PATTERN%20WEB%20RIFLE%20STRAP.jpg

Battledress WW2%20BRITISH%201940%20PATTERN%20OFFICERS%20BATTLEDRESS%201ST%20AIRBORNE%20DIVISION%20RAMC%20LEFTENANT%20COLONEL%20EPAULETTE%20DETAIL.jpg

this page has a load of battledress, note the greener colour of the canadian made ones...

Looking at the pic again,and if the colours have come out well, and if you can be bothered, the battle dress colour is better match for the webbing and the webbing colours is a better match for the battle dress....

have a look at the pics and see what you think

HTH

T

PS pic of a reenactor, but shows uniform colours well. Note green webbing,but some smaller straps are different.

britishmkiiihelmet1d6fe.jpg

Edited by Troy Smith

Thanks for the reply, and i dont know why i put it in the aircarft section lol. i didnt mean too!

yes thats a great help. very much so. i think i will change it to a more greeen colour if i can. but for the next lot i do i can get it right from the start.

I had seen some figures by millicast and AB, but out of my price range, and while these plastic figures are a little chunky, i have a box of them so its a shame not to use them for anything, and they come with spare head, plain helmet, beret or bare head.

thanks again... :-)