Saudi Lightning

Afternoon all,

This is my first foray into modelling after over a decade away from it all, I am pleased with the result but shortly after I put her on the shelf the canopy started to fog very slowly, I have since overcome this problem on other models.

img2958cy4.jpg

img2970pb1.jpg

img2957lg3.jpg

img2956uy3.jpg

Comments welcome.

Regards,

John.

Hi John,

you've got a beautiful looking Lightning there, that has to be my fave jet !

Do you think the glue you used could have fogged the canopy? The fumes can do it.... i had the same problem a couple of times, i was advised to use white pva glue which i've done since, no problems at all

perry

When I built this model I knew nothing of Britmodeler or such websites that offer tips and hints so to get this result I was chuffed enough, yes I used superglue for the canopy which caused the fogging.

I now give the canopys a coat of Klear floor polish which gives them a thinner more transparent appearance and then use white PVA glue to fix them down.

Regards,

John.

Afternoon all,

This is my first foray into modelling after over a decade away from it all, I am pleased with the result but shortly after I put her on the shelf the canopy started to fog very slowly, I have since overcome this problem on other models.

Regards,

John.

Nice looking rocketship!

Now Im hoping that maybe that is your "artists working model" for your 1/48th all bells and whistles spectacular.. :analintruder:

The kit was a late Frog moulding and went together pretty well, still loads come up on e-bay and the Hasegawa kit is still available at some model shops.

I used Humbrol Metalcoat for the paint and a good old fashioned hairy stick, yet to venture on with an airbrush but building up the courage!!!.

Rgerads,

John.

I used Humbrol Metalcoat for the paint and a good old fashioned hairy stick, yet to venture on with an airbrush but building up the courage!!!.

Rgerads,

John.

Blimey, well impressed in that case, I wouldn't go near metalcote without an airbrush! Did you put a gloss cote or something over the top to seal it, I find it rubs off everywhere otherwise?

Best

Rich

Very nice! And the metallic finish is spot on B)

I remember building this exact same kit with my dad when I was about 5 and brush painting it with Airfix silver (remember those tall tinlets?)