SHAR FRS.1

InFlames

hi Damien

there is a pic in the SAM Datafile that (to me and trying to avoid a colour controversy on InFlames thread :lol:)

definitely shows a clean and definite line on a Shar

i think i will have a go on my 1/72 Falklands Fighter- BUT- it is gonna have to be verrry subtle not to overstate it at this scale

going back to your question InFlames my take is that EDSG is glossy when applied but weathers down to satin

personally i find high gloss is too much given the scale but that is a purely subjective point and i won't argue against a contrary view.

lovely view from this here fence

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I still haven't started with this build, but I promise I will this week :D In the meantime, I had some time and read Sharkey's book. A very interesting and entertaining reading, although some might find it too controversial and self proclaiming. But nevertheless hats of to a fine fighter pilot and CO. Of course in the course of reading the book I got some ideas on which bird/markings to build, and I'll probably go along with 801NAS 004/ZA175 or 006/XZ451; both being birds that Sharkey flew when he achieved his 3 kills of the war.

As regarding the paler undersides - I've chekced quite a lot of pics now and I haven't seen a trace of lighter undersides on any of them so far...

OK I promise this is the last post without pics... I managed to get two more SHARs today, so I'll be able to make a trio in the predeployment, deployment and Atlantic Coveyor replacement schemes... + a Gr.3 for the non GB build...