LCM (3) diorama

Stebos

I decided quite soon after hearing of this GB that I'd want to bring together a few individual kits, and being D Day, what better than a beach?

I'm still figuring out the details and final spec but it will be based around the LCM 3 and some defenses:

lcm%20box.jpg

wire.jpg

I'm planning to treat it more like a piece of scenery however, it's there to anchor the diorama to a time and place.

Along with this I'm adding a Willys Jeep:

jeep%20box.jpg

and also an M3 scout car (with pe set):

scout%20box.jpg

Still unsure on how to place the M3, there's no crew in the kit so unless I pilfer from another kit it will have to be posed as such.

These three should keep me more than busy for this GB, as Feb 4th approaching I'll continue to think things over.

Steve: Wow, that will be a good sized diorama for sure.... !! A beach scene is a natural for D-Day...

Cheers,

ggc

• 3 weeks later...

I've decided how I'm approaching this one.

I'm planning to depict a scene from June 22nd, the aftermath of the great storm that caused a lot of damage to the US harbour and shipping.

Rather than clutter up this thread I'll have seperate threads for each build, and this one will be for arranging the diorama. As I'm planning at least 3 builds for this, I think it's best if I treat them as individual entries.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to nix this one from the GB, I still want to get it done but I feel the scope of it is beyond what I can deliver in the time allowed.

I'll post up details of my alternative build later tonight! (as soon as I have something picked from the stash).