FV105 Sultan 1/35 Badger 3D

Folks, to channel Monty Python, now for something completely different.  This is my first 3D printed model and I bought it in the expectation that all it would need was a quick paint and bob's your mother's brother, but it didn't work out quite like that.  The trials and tribulations of the WIP are here.

I've been after a Sultan for ages since I spent many an exercise in the back of one.  I am too tight to pay for the Accurate Armour so when I come across this one I took the plunge as it is half the price.

The model itself is from Badger 3D and for the price I cannot grumble.  Some details were spot on an others weren't.  I chopped off the GPMG as it was terrible and the rear view mirrors were well over scale.  My impression is it was designed in 1/72 and scaled up.  I swopped out from the spares box the jerrycan and the antenna bases.  I drilled out the light and the rubies and replaced with clear resin.  The only extras I bought were the masts from SMM.  The decals are from the spares box.

Paints are a  mixture of Tamiya/Mig and Humbrol.  Gloss coat was Quick Shine and the washes were oil and terps.  I also used a ton of Mister Surfacer and Mig Anti-slip paste.

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17049&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17050&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17054&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17053&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17052&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17051&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!17055&authk

Bill

Edited by Big_Bad_Bill
spelling
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ivan-o said:

Turned out well,good fix on the rear end as well👍

Ta, I was amazed how well it came out considering the absolute mess I made of it removing the jerrycan.

• Like 1