1/48 Mig-23MF/ML Eduard AM

zipper

Hello All,

It’s been a while but I’m back and wanting to get my mojo back and after some help please.

I’ve got a 1/48 Eduard Mig-23MF/ML Bedna boxing and I would like to add some Eduard resin to the kit. 

I’ve looked at Hannants, and Eduard do two different versions of the intakes, wheel wells, undercarriage and exhaust. One set for the MF and one set for the ML. 

The boxing I have lists both MF/ML in the same box and looking at the instructions there are only one set of intakes, undercarriage wells and wheels but two exhaust. 

My question is, can I get away with just buying the MF set of items and these will suffice for the ML also, or are there big difference between the two? I’m not sure which scheme and mark I want to build yet as I am just looking at options. 

I’ve studied the aftermarket pictures on Hannants and the Eduard website and can’t really see much difference between them, but they have different part numbers listed.

Many thanks for your help and advice.

Ashley

Hi @zipper,

not much of a difference according to this BM-review:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235047505-mig-23mlmf-resin-update-sets-for-trumpetereduard-148/#648434

On 12/4/2018 at 7:09 PM, Mike said:

Mig-23MF/ML Engine Air Intakes (648434 & 648438)

More drop-in resin parts that replace the intakes (not the splitter plate), adds PE blow-in doors, and a choice of two clear lenses on the top of the port intake, with a mask for each into the bargain.  The difference between them? A small panel engraved into the rear of the ML.

Cheers

Markus

Hi Markus,

Thank you so much for the link, that’s great, thank you.

probably get away with it then on the intakes and I’ll have a read of the rest.

• Thanks 1

On 16/01/2024 at 11:23, zipper said:

I’ve got a 1/48 Eduard Mig-23MF/ML Bedna boxing and I would like to add some Eduard resin to the kit. 

I’ve looked at Hannants, and Eduard do two different versions of the intakes, wheel wells, undercarriage and exhaust. One set for the MF and one set for the ML. 

The boxing I have lists both MF/ML in the same box and looking at the instructions there are only one set of intakes, undercarriage wells and wheels but two exhaust. 

There should be two undercarriage sets in the box, if you mean the main landing gear. But maybe that was not the real question...?